Samsung will stop making the Galaxy Note – Report

Hanno Labuschagne

MyBroadband
Staff member
Super Moderator

Samsung has decided to stop making its Galaxy Note line-up of smartphones, according to a report from Softpedia News.

The report cited a cryptic tweet from tech leaker Ice Universe, which included the caption “Galaxy Note” and an image with a “The End” movie credit.

Ice Universe was one of the early insiders who confirmed this year’s Galaxy S21 Ultra would support the S Pen stylus which previously only worked on Galaxy Note smartphones.

Thor

Honorary Master
I must admit, I have the note 10 and I maybe used the pen 3 times the past year.

ttygt

Heard it from my Uncle's neighbor's Son-law's Garbage truck Driver's nephew.

"Official News"

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
Heard it from my Uncle's neighbor's Son-law's Garbage truck Driver's nephew.

"Official News"
@UniverseIce (the Ice Universe mentioned in the article) has been pretty much on the money with leaking stuff in the past though.

Pegasus

Executive Member

Samsung has decided to stop making its Galaxy Note line-up of smartphones, according to a report from Softpedia News.

The report cited a cryptic tweet from tech leaker Ice Universe, which included the caption “Galaxy Note” and an image with a “The End” movie credit.

Ice Universe was one of the early insiders who confirmed this year’s Galaxy S21 Ultra would support the S Pen stylus which previously only worked on Galaxy Note smartphones.
Noted.

avk

The S-pen was a main factor for choosing the Note myself. I don't particularly need the highest specs or largest screens available. I still use my Note 8 daily, the pen playing a large role. I usually forget my daily planner somewhere, so using the phone works brilliantly.

Was not planning to upgrade, as the new Note phones are just too expensive for me. So if they expand the S-pen to more (and hopefully slightly cheaper) phones, I'll be quite happy.

Gozzy

Makes sense, phones nowadays appear to have reached a "standard"ish size, for example I have the Note 10 lite and my wife has the A31, they both are black and they appear to be almost the same size, time and time again I accidentally pick up her phone and vice versa, no need to have a full on Galaxy Note department if they could just include an S-pen for those who want one and perhaps use a special cover as the holder for the pen...

Last edited:

Crowley

Executive Member
I wouldn't mind them making one flagship but where do you store the s-pen on a Galaxy 21 Ultra?

newby_investor

Expert Member
I wouldn't mind them making one flagship but where do you store the s-pen on a Galaxy 21 Ultra?
I think there's an optional folio cover which has place to store it. I read in a review on TechRadar I think? Can't find it now.

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
I must admit, I have the note 10 and I maybe used the pen 3 times the past year.
Really depends, great for screenshots and scribbling/pointing out stuff on it if e.g. get a design sent to you. Used to use my wacom tablet a lot for that when I still critiqued it as contractor, easier than with a mouse, would probably have done on my phone if I could.

Reactions: avk

Komalsukdhev

Could be a ploy to get the Note20 sales up. I've heard rumors about the Note series being discontinued before and this was scrapped.