Samsung's four-camera smartphone is coming to South Africa - Pricing, details

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Responding to questions from MyBroadband, Samsung South Africa confirmed that the Galaxy A9 would be available locally in December 2018 for a recommended retail price of R11,999.
Saving you time, saving you money, putting you first... Way too expensive for a midrange phone. My Honor 9 Lite with 4 cameras was almost 1/4th of that and I paid more than I could've.

Gudnews

Apple opened the floodgates and now Samsung follows. They are pushing they luck on pricing and Apple has profited, be interesting to see Samsung's result. Lucky for us consumers, the Chinese are here to offer relief.

InfidelGastro

Expert Member
Personally if I was in the market for a 12 grand Samsung phone, I'd rather blow my stash on last years Galaxy S8. It's still a better and more powerful device and can be had now for far less than 12 g's. The fact that a brand new A9 that ships with Android 8.0 is not great news either. The OS is almost 2 year old already.

InfidelGastro

Expert Member
Apple opened the floodgates and now Samsung follows. They are pushing they luck on pricing and Apple has profited, be interesting to see Samsung's result. Lucky for us consumers, the Chinese are here to offer relief.
Like it or not, Apple leads the tech world and all other manufacturers follow their lead. Monkey see, monkey do.