Samsung's next generation of smartphones will have a notch

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Well the design better be something quite spectacular or they're going to look like fools for hyping the S10 so much.

The OnePlus 6T is already nearly done with the notch. OP7 might do away with it entirely and that will release around 4 months after the S10.

skimread

Executive Member
But Samsung had ads making fun of the notch in other brands.

Does that mean the big 3 now all have notches going forward. That sucks.

skimread

Executive Member
We should blame Google. They introduced a phone with a gigantic notch to make other manufacturers not feel bad.

After that launch the stigma is not Haha You have a notch but Hahaha you have a notch as big as the Google Pixel.

The google pixel's gigantic notch destigmatized the concept of a notch.

neoassasin

There was nothing that shows to me they will be selling phones with notches. They might but what they showed is the designs they have for displays which they sell to many other device manufacturers.

ZuluKing

Oh no! I was waiting for S10Plus as I am due for upgrade but not getting S10Plus it if it has a notch which I hate! Should I wait to see?

ShadowGlow

wow honestly!

I didn't watch those vids mocking apple (partly because i am heavily invested in the apple ecosystem, and i was offended)

Now, i am just like, i still don't like you samsung phones. And just hahahahahaha - you still suck. at least i can sit-out the new notched apple phones until there is no notch, because my old phones work perfectly well. hahahaha

ps: I restored my MBB.co.za pass just to comment - lol. (i do buy their tv's though)

Dups!

I wouldn't touch it with the horrible-looking notch.

Why don't they do like the Xiaomi with the dual screens front and back which elimintes the notch cleverly, or make them sliders like the other manufacturers?

I just hate the notch.

InfidelGastro

Expert Member
I can't understand all the fuss around a notch. My phone doesn't have one but if it did, I really wouldn't care. With or without a notch, I reckon I could easily survive either.

irBosOtter

Expert Member
What a fail, did they not make a add to diss Apple when they brought out the notch on the Iphone 10?
Notch looks crappy in my opinion, at least give one the option to hide it like on the Mate 20 Pro