SANDF Captain fourth suspect nabbed in CIT heist at Oudsthoorn petrol station

joker08

Expert Member
For all those with negative comments, please be happy about the fact that they atleast caught the SANDF member and this news was publicly made available.
In the next few years this will be done in broad daylight and there will be no one to take action against them, because they are government employees.

Creag

The Boar's Rock
Nail their criminal asses and orange jackets for them all!

Acid0

Expert Member
How common? It looks a minority of incidents to me.
I think it is getting more common than what we would like, the past few incidents they got either a military or off duty police officer involved.

It just makes sense as they are already trained in "combat"

These CIT are well orchestrated and planned, its not just a bunch of civilians that woke up one morning and decide hold my beer and check this out

thestaggy

Honorary Master
Explains the weapons and how efficient the attacks are.

I recall one video of a heist where they had set up a perimeter with points men while the van was taken out and bombed by the main group. A bunch of randoms don't do that.

Last edited:

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
Should be 50yrs behind bars at least and the SANDF cvnt should get 100yrs.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
I recall one video of a heist where they had set up a perimeter with points men while the van was taken out and bombed by the main group. A bunch of randoms don't do that.
Of course you can watch a couple of movies and do that. It's not like the general population are shooting back at you. It's easy(ier) to look like you know what you're doing.

Look at the videos of when these same thugs are cornered by the police tactical units, they look like common street criminals with no idea.

thestaggy

Honorary Master
Of course you can watch a couple of movies and do that. It's not like the general population are shooting back at you. It's easy(ier) to look like you know what you're doing.

Look at the videos of when these same thugs are cornered by the police tactical units, they look like common street criminals with no idea.

Lol.

They literally just arrested an SANDF member but yeah, these guys are binge-watching Saving Private Ryan at home and not being trained/organised by ex-military/SAPS personnel.

Johnatan56

Honorary Master

You're both looking at different videos, there are cases where the robbers seem to well trained, other cases just "normal" robbers (you're still talking about hardened criminals).
There are clear indications that a lot of heists involve police/military personnel.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
You're both looking at different videos, there are cases where the robbers seem to well trained, other cases just "normal" robbers (you're still talking about hardened criminals).
There are clear indications that a lot of heists involve police/military personnel.

Very much so, there are major indications that there are police/military personnel or ex-personnel involved in many of these heists. Even if that level of involvement is "training" and organising.