Sanral closing lanes near Botha Avenue N1 sinkhole - here's the schedule

Jan

Who's the Boss?
Staff member
N1 sinkhole lane closures — what to expect in the next week

The South African National Roads Agency (Sanral) has advised motorists of southbound lane closures near the giant sinkhole next to the N1 freeway in the coming week.

The sinkhole appeared in January between the Botha Avenue and R21 interchange in Centurion following heavy rains in Gauteng.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
N1 sinkhole lane closures — what to expect in the next week

The South African National Roads Agency (Sanral) has advised motorists of southbound lane closures near the giant sinkhole next to the N1 freeway in the coming week.

The sinkhole appeared in January between the Botha Avenue and R21 interchange in Centurion following heavy rains in Gauteng.

The sinkhole is 530d far from Botha Avenue. And it's between R21 (Flying Saucer) interchange and Botha Avenue, and not the other way around, you'd have to drive head on into oncoming traffic to experience it between Botha Avenue and R21 interchange.

@Jan, I am disappoint.

r00igev@@r

Executive Member
Someone going to round up Fearfokol where he is going to explain to your idiots that its not a sinkhole but a traffic diversion hole which is as necessary for us South Africans much like a firepool.

rodga

Honorary Master
The sinkhole is 530d far from Botha Avenue. And it's between R21 (Flying Saucer) interchange and Botha Avenue, and not the other way around, you'd have to drive head on into oncoming traffic to experience it between Botha Avenue and R21 interchange.

@Jan, I am disappoint.
I read it as the Botha Ave Interchange and the R21 Interchange.
Agree on the direction though.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
Why mention Botha in the title? I mean this whole is literally right next to Nelmapius road.

dualmeister

Honorary Master
The N1 sinkhole’s repair cost is uncertain, but Hlahla said estimates put it in the “tens of millions of Rand”.
So it is literally a money pit :laugh: