Sanral issues summonses, final demands for e-tolls

Midnight_choir_drunk

Expert Member
Agree. Concealed speed cameras on dual carriageways that look like they should be 80km/h zones but aren't, where you receive a fine weeks later, have nothing to do with the objective of enforcing a speed limit. They are purely revenue raising exercises, where it is to the traffic departments' benefit if cars speed. It is unethical and completely opposite to the goal of traffic safety to knowingly monitor cars going over the speed limit without direct intervention. IMHO the only permissible speed traps should be those manned by real humans who pull you over and ticket you there and then.

Why you even bothering yourself with it ? I've ignored traffic fines as you have described my whole life and nothing has ever come of it. Never will either.

That doesn't make me a bad ass. It makes u that pay suckers.

And yes when a physical cop has stopped me and issued a ticket then I have paid. Because there I've signed and given an admission of guilt.

Last edited:

JustinB

Expert Member
Was the NCA actually amended to specifically exclude toll/etrolling fees?

If the exclusion is only an arbitrary clause that was added to the Transport Laws and Related Matters Amendment Act, the legality of the clause will surely be a hotly contested issue in court cases.

Didn't check for amendments to the NCA, just saw it in the amendment act. Will look at NCA tomorrow...

cfilorux

Pay us, don't talk to us

It's really amazing that the mail is sent from some unmanned "noreply" address. This is a final demand. In any normal business, when you send a final demand for something, you hope for a response of some sort. Not this lot - don't talk to me, talk to my lawyer or my bank.

Last edited: