• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Samsung Pay Giveaway - Win a Samsung Connect & Control Speaker and other prizes. Enter Here.
  • Audi e-tron Giveaway - Win prizes worth R3,000 Enter Here.

Sanral wants to block car sales or licence renewals until your e-tolls are paid up

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
Block the sale of motor vehicles? Yeah, I can really see the car companies and dealers getting on board with this. Not to mention the idiotic consequences that would have to the finance houses and the wider economy.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
There's a difference between a first notice of infringement fine and a warrant for arrest.
There's a massive problem right here. SANRAL treating us like garbage. From the very start of this, raping us. If they had made all these tolls around 25cents a time, we would have paid. Calling their billing department the Violations Processing Center, and calling my bill an infringement notice, outright calling me a criminal or at least using that language was never going to make us willing to go along with this. Rampant greed on their part led to some very poor marketing decisions.

Lupus

Honorary Master
There's a massive problem right here. SANRAL treating us like garbage. From the very start of this, raping us. If they had made all these tolls around 25cents a time, we would have paid. Calling their billing department the Violations Processing Center, and calling my bill an infringement notice, outright calling me a criminal or at least using that language was never going to make us willing to go along with this. Rampant greed on their part led to some very poor marketing decisions.
Not to mention doing it on the already built highways that they actually stuffed up more then they fixed and also adding it to the major arteries into Johannesburg and Pretoria, knowing it's peoples only routes for work and back.

killerbyte

Expert Member
My eToll bill is R160pm, with discount its R80pm.
So I have a debit order taking R80 each month and it gets paid to... OUTA.