SAPO employees stole millions in grants in 2020

grok

Honorary Master
I'm not going to say anything and just let the facts speak for themselves for a change. LOL!

Tacet

Expert Member
The last numbers I can find is that they had 18000 employees in 2018. Assuming that the number hasn't increased from then to now, this means that about 1 in 10 of their employees are SASSA thieves.

What percentage of your workforce needs to be criminals before you're classified as a syndicate rather than a company? :rolleyes:

konfab

Honorary Master
The last numbers I can find is that they had 18000 employees in 2018. Assuming that the number hasn't increased from then to now, this means that about 1 in 10 of their employees are SASSA thieves.

What percentage of your workforce needs to be criminals before you're classified as a syndicate rather than a company? :rolleyes:
Well with the ANC itself, it probably is 80%.

lexis

How many of these workers got fired?
How many were charged in court with fraud?
How does the state plan to retrieve the money?

As long as there are no sanctions or consequences .....

SilverCode

As someone who has never looked into the social grants system, I'm genuinly curious why this needs to involve a 3rd party in the first place (CSP, SAPO etc). Why not just enforce the requirement of having a bank account that the money gets paid into, and you withdraw it at an ATM or a Till Point; or just use your bank card to pay where you can? I'm sure most banks have a basic account that attracts little or no fees. Having to stand in a long queue at a post office to collect money just seems very backwards.

TelkomUseless

Honorary Master
As someone who has never looked into the social grants system, I'm genuinly curious why this needs to involve a 3rd party in the first place (CSP, SAPO etc). Why not just enforce the requirement of having a bank account that the money gets paid into, and you withdraw it at an ATM or a Till Point; or just use your bank card to pay where you can? I'm sure most banks have a basic account that attracts little or no fees. Having to stand in a long queue at a post office to collect money just seems very backwards.
ANC Logic.

FNfal

Executive Member
1,700 cases of fraud should be opened and all of them jailed .
Blatant theft from the state no excuses .
Easy way to reduce numbers in the Post Office .
After that move on to the rest of the SOEs .

Yskasmetnstoof

Close down the Post Office. Give the right and subsidies to exercise that function to private companies that can be investigated and fired quickly without the ANC and Cosatu sheeting their underpants.

TelkomUseless

Honorary Master
1,700 cases of fraud should be opened and all of them jailed .
Blatant theft from the state no excuses .
Easy way to reduce numbers in the Post Office .
After that move on to the rest of the SOEs .
where is the EFF protecting state property ?