SAPO on the brink of collapse

Hemps

Honorary Master
Question 1:
Complete this sentence often associated with Africa and they way things are "fixed" until they don't work anymore.

Everything they touch turns to ....

WAslayer

Executive Member
5c68f83aa9d5b469df9e12e38de803e0.gif

Mekon

Expert Member
I sent a parcel to Ecuador 2 years ago. Thought it had probably been stolen before it left our shores because it was a smartphone with a docking station and a Bluetooth mouse and compact keyboard as it was 4 months with no sign of it arriving in Ecuador. The recipient eventually picked up its tracking number. It took 10 days from arriving in Ecuador to reach him. So it spent months in SA doing what? Sitting in a airmail bag for months on end.

yebocan

Honorary Master
And just recently the SAPO were adamant that anything < 1kg must be shipped by their "services".
....trying to create revenue streams, while the issue is plain inefficiency ...same as DoC brilliant idea that all smartphones and tablets need annual licenses...to help the SABC ... clearly no political will to sort out these entities...one dumb idea after another...

Norrad

Expert Member
On the brink??? Bwahahaha it collapsed a long time ago. I ordered some special clips for an airsoft rifle two years ago. They passed through customs and went straight into a blackhole at the SAPO Cape Mail centre. Thought I would chance ordering something off Wish in January last year and boom swallowed by the SAPO blackhole again.

CAPS LOCK

Executive Member
Buckle up - we still await the exciting prospects from Radical Economic Transformation.

/What is the IQ threshold deemed intellectually disabled in order to qualify for the Paralympics?

Honorary Master
Quick, throw more money at it, that will save it just like everything else!

netstrider

Expert Member
On the brink??? Bwahahaha it collapsed a long time ago. I ordered some special clips for an airsoft rifle two years ago. They passed through customs and went straight into a blackhole at the SAPO Cape Mail centre. Thought I would chance ordering something off Wish in January last year and boom swallowed by the SAPO blackhole again.
maxresdefault.jpg

surface

Honorary Master
Question 1:
Complete this sentence often associated with Africa and they way things are "fixed" until they don't work anymore.

Everything they touch turns to ....
shame. "They". Are you not "African" anymore ?

ProfA

Honorary Master
Don't deliver packages cause they more then likely get "lost", don't deliver mail, so if you don't do what your core function, what did you expect?
So another SOE, I mean has anything the government touched worked?
Salaries are paid on time.

lkswan747

Expert Member
Pray tell, why should they be any different from the other money sapping SOE's. :mad:

supersunbird

Honorary Master
shame. "They". Are you not "African" anymore ?

Shame, can't even spot that it was a typo and meant to be a "the"...

The other they in there are the things that get fixed, and I know you aren't calling Africans things.

The Darkness

Expert Member
MYBB & Other News Outlets: It will be easier if you rather report on what IS functional, profitable and working. This will cut down on 99.999999% of the articles you need to write.

RVQ

Expert Member
On the brighter side of things the ANCs continous failures have resulted in the private industry to digitise much sooner.
I was amazed how well postal services worked in the UK but that efficency made business lazy and it took a pandemic for companies to decide to migrate to digital platforms, can't wait to be rid of paper statements, printed and posted applications/forms...