SAPO on the brink of collapse

ponder

Honorary Master
I sent a parcel to Ecuador 2 years ago. Thought it had probably been stolen before it left our shores because it was a smartphone with a docking station and a Bluetooth mouse and compact keyboard as it was 4 months with no sign of it arriving in Ecuador. The recipient eventually picked up its tracking number. It took 10 days from arriving in Ecuador to reach him. So it spent months in SA doing what? Sitting in a airmail bag for months on end.

Fsck you, ecuador should get a swear filter on mybb. Now I'm screwed for the rest of the day.

zeb

Expert Member
They've become nothing other than SASSA pay points these last few years. There are always long lines at all the offices in my area.

Slegdehammer67

Well clearly they are drowning with no land in sight and the buoy they have been clinging to [the bailouts], that buoy is deflating VERY fast...

Well, there is now one moerse gap in the market for Postnet to once and for all take this market over completely. R.I.P. Post Office. You were killed from the inside for all to see AND witness. But unfortunately, those in charge of the Police are just as corrupt...

Mila

Honorary Master
One of the issues we have is that international post go through the customs part which is run by whom?

oh wait sorry. Ignored by who ever works there. China is now even refusing to use SAPO. They want to DHL everything.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
What happened to that call on innovation where SAPO will be all things import, export and delivery? Let me guess, they couldn't even get past the logistical challenges, never mind anti-competitive nature, but then, again I believe it was all in a conceptualised state.

It may collapse, but I am sure that the state will call on resurrection.

RaptorSA

Executive Member
He added that SAPO’s IT systems, including the essential on-line ‘track-and-trace’ service, remain non-functional, so customers have no idea of the status of their parcels or mail.

Yeah that thing is f**ed.
PROTIP:
Luckily the app store tracking app still worked for me yesterday so it must be using a different web service than the website.

Customer service at the branch was as horrific as always, but that's to be expected by now.
The thing behind the counter literally looks at you as if you've just murdered her child in front of her.
Some things can never be fixed.

irBosOtter

Expert Member
One of the issues we have is that international post go through the customs part which is run by whom?

oh wait sorry. Ignored by who ever works there. China is now even refusing to use SAPO. They want to DHL everything.
I had a order for a fishing rod cancelled due to that, a few people actually had the same issue, they just told us they can't send to SA via post anymore and has to be a express service, luckily that was only $15 so not that much for sending a fishing rod to SA, took 7 days to get here

surface

Honorary Master

strange. Wish and gearbest still sending via SAPO. Maybe it is just post you are referring to.

Grand Inquisitor

Well clearly they are drowning with no land in sight and the buoy they have been clinging to [the bailouts], that buoy is deflating VERY fast...

Well, there is now one moerse gap in the market for Postnet to once and for all take this market over completely. R.I.P. Post Office. You were killed from the inside for all to see AND witness. But unfortunately, those in charge of the Police are just as corrupt..

PostNet is an efficient private company, hopefully they can increase their market share. Remember this though?

Azure 12

Useless c**ts, "lost"/stole my parcels the last 2 times someone sent me something. One package that did arrive took 2 YEARS (I s**t you not.)

TelkomUseless

Honorary Master
Customer service at the branch was as horrific as always, but that's to be expected by now.
The thing behind the counter literally looks at you as if you've just murdered her child in front of her.
Some things can never be fixed.
Cmon man... she got a government job to sit and do nothing the whole day and get paid. Now you expect her to do work... aikona.

TelkomUseless

Honorary Master
They've become nothing other than SASSA pay points these last few years. There are always long lines at all the offices in my area.

Yip.. saw now in Jan the post office q was around the shopping center...

Shadowchaser1

What did they expect that the world traveler who's in charge of SAPOS will turn it around? Maybe she thinks (If she can) that SAPOS is not in SA. You can't make S88T up like this. Unreal.

justplain

Expert Member
How many private parcel/mail services are running at a loss/need bail outs?
.................that's right.
The problem is not the service, it's the people blocking change (as they will no longer benefit) that will result in a properly functioning entity.
The dude at the top can be anyone from anywhere, if the government constantly stop said being from making the changes, then, you end up where we are now.

daelm

Expert Member
Useless c**ts, "lost"/stole my parcels the last 2 times someone sent me something. One package that did arrive took 2 YEARS (I s**t you not.)

been there. i sympathize. these days I won't ship anything unless it's coming via DHL or Fedex.