SAPS launches new "My SAPS" crime-fighting app

TheCub

It already appears to be useless, they shouldn't bother launching it...

Jade @ Absolute Hosting

Absolute Hosting Representative
Company Rep
First question we need to ask is who won the tender and how much did it cost to have this app developed?
Surely SAPS' budget would be better spent on more offices, vehicles etc etc

And on that note, there are already "apps" for reporting crime and the cost next to nothing, thanks to local cpf groups that work side by side with communities and SAPS

xera

Expert Member
Nice - just don't give it access to your contacts, media or files, location, sms's, etc and you should be fine.

Thor

Honorary Master
What did it cost?

That app won't be more than R20k if done through a dev house.

Moby Grape

Honorary Master
*134*101111#
You can't make this stuff up :ROFL:
Why mobile operators can't just do a *911# or something....

j4ck455

Executive Member
The ability to anonymously report a suspected criminal or suspicious activity.
Anonymously? I simply cannot believe it.

That guy clearly does not want to be anonymous, he wants to upload his mugshot to help speed things up for the SAPS charge office folks.

Why is it 111MB in size, what kind of spyware is bundled with this app?

How can the first public release of this app be version 3.1.6 and not version 1.0.0?

As for the GPS coordinates to a nearby station with decent facilities, I've managed to survive until now without having to use a copper crapper, if I'm ever that desperate I think I'd rather just crap my pants instead.

What kind of message does that send, racist much?
Why is this app targeting white figurines?

Last edited:

wizardofid

Executive Member
Anonymously? I simply cannot believe it.

View attachment 714515

That guy clearly does not want to be anonymous, he wants to upload his mugshot to help speed things up for the SAPS charge office folks.

Why is it 111MB in size, what kind of spyware is bundled with this app?

How can the first public release of this app be version 3.1.6 and not version 1.0.0?

As for the GPS coordinates to a nearby station with decent facilities, I've managed to survive until now without having to use a copper crapper, if I'm ever that desperate I think I'd rather just crap my pants instead.

Lol I have done the crap walking home one morning from the train station many many moons back.Trust me it ain't a pleasant experience giving people a wide berth on the sidewalk. Thanks goodness I was wearing underwear that morning and a jacket I could tie around my waste and loose jeans.Would have given ANY thing for a toilet right there and then.

Last edited:

Moby Grape

Honorary Master
Lol I have done the crap walking home one morning from the train station many many moons back.Trust me it ain't a pleasant experience giving people a wide berth on the sidewalk. Thanks goodness I was wearing underwear that morning and a jacket I could tie around my waste and loose jeans.Would have given ANY thing form a toilet right there and then.
Wait... what???