SARS E-Filing 2020/21

Goosfrabba

Expert Member
How much do you have to pay for medical expenses during the tax year to qualify for some sort of refund? Had various additional expense totalling about R5700 for the tax year but no refund it seems

Speedster

Honorary Master
How much do you have to pay for medical expenses during the tax year to qualify for some sort of refund? Had various additional expense totalling about R5700 for the tax year but no refund it seems
You need to spend more than 7.5% of your taxable income for the year.

konfab

Honorary Master
Has anyone else claiming WFH expenses had their internet claims rejected? They accepted everything else.

edit: I claimed 80% of my internet expense as I literally cannot do my job without internet.

aqua02

Has anyone else claiming WFH expenses had their internet claims rejected? They accepted everything else.

edit: I claimed 80% of my internet expense as I literally cannot do my job without internet.
SARS had a webinar earlier this month and argued that internet expenses should be claimed from your employer.

surface

Honorary Master
SARS had a webinar earlier this month and argued that internet expenses should be claimed from your employer.
yip also my internet expense will be basically same irrespective of whether I work from home or not. Fibre charges are fixed and I am not really going to switch off modem/router if I am at work. Maybe it is problem with certain fibre packages that don't have fixed charges ?

Our company bought 3G cards for people that didn't have fibre and it is topped up as per requirement etc. Most of banks & financial institutions do the same.

SupremeELITE69

So after being number 594 in the line, finally managed to talk to an agent who confirms that my case will be finalized by Friday.....using their entire 21 days to conclude refunds this year...
Screenshot_20210727-095031_Phone.jpg

Tman543

They could counter 80% usage with do you work 80% of the week? Realistically it should be under 50%.

But depends if you have dedicated internet service for work only, like a LTE router/dongle.

konfab

Honorary Master

They could counter 80% usage with do you work 80% of the week? Realistically it should be under 50%.

But depends if you have dedicated internet service for work only, like a LTE router/dongle.
Thanks for the updates.
I am not going to fight this one.

Tman543

Some employers (like mine) only provide internet if there no internet service in place already (highly unlikely). Quite unfair tbh.

Nikkivah74

Good Morning. I submitted all docs on 2nd July. Received completion letter on 8th. Refund was reveresed on the 13/7/2021 and I was asked to resubmit all docs for 2021 and 2020. Which I submitted by the 19th July 2021. I then received a completion letter for both the 2020 and 2021 on the 21st July. My refund due still shows: No refund due even though my SOA Shows -RXXXXX? Please give me some advice? I confirmed with them that the Audit was completed and My SOA shows no Audit now but still wont give me a payout date?

I spoke to a lady and she said she will escallate the issue as she can see all verifications/Audits were completed....emailed me a case number and ......NOTHING Zip Nada....We cannot see the progress on this case number.

Attachments​

Vades

My tax practitioner has told me that SARS have removed the shared access function on eFiling and in order for her to assist me I need to provide my login credentials to her.

Can this be true?

surface

Honorary Master
My tax practitioner has told me that SARS have removed the shared access function on eFiling and in order for her to assist me I need to provide my login credentials to her.

Can this be true?
It doesn't make sense to me/

Nikkivah74

Good Morning. I submitted all docs on 2nd July. Received completion letter on 8th. Refund was reveresed on the 13/7/2021 and I was asked to resubmit all docs for 2021 and 2020. Which I submitted by the 19th July 2021. I then received a completion letter for both the 2020 and 2021 on the 21st July. My refund due still shows: No refund due even though my SOA Shows -RXXXXX? Please give me some advice? I confirmed with them that the Audit was completed and My SOA shows no Audit now but still wont give me a payout date?

I spoke to a lady and she said she will escallate the issue as she can see all verifications/Audits were completed....emailed me a case number and ......NOTHING Zip Nada....We cannot see the progress on this case number.

Attachments​

i guess people only give advice to well known members..

Anonymous™

Attachments​

i guess people only give advice to well known members..
Relax :unsure::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

People reply to posts they can contribute something to. No point me replying saying: no idea (which I don't) but if I am gonna pull something out a hat, I'd say over the next few days you should get paid the -RXXXXX unexpectedly. Your SOA may update after the fact.

DawieZA

Attachments​

I am in the same boat as you. Guess it is just a matter of waiting...

surface

Honorary Master

Attachments​

So, you seem to have done everything correct i.e. follow-up with them etc. Unfortunately, there is absolutely nothing you can do except to wait unless you want to keep on calling them every other day. My SO got refund within 3 days but it is really luck of the draw at times.

modern10

Expert Member
Shortly after I posted that reply, I got similar correspondence to the one you posted, asking for more details on the home office and medical expenses, from square meterage (this was already on the floor plan I sent) to the photos and a whole lot more.

I sent all of that in last night, and then this morning, woke up to a new "Revision submitted by SARS" for the ITR12.

My new ITA34 now indicates R5926 (the previous one was -R10k). All of my home expenses have been removed. Statement of account indicates -R4k.

I'm on the phone with the contact center now, number 500 in the queue :rolleyes:
This just happened to me. Any update? Have you filed an objection?