SARS E-Filing 2020/21

Arthur AnymoreDonuts

So, you seem to have done everything correct i.e. follow-up with them etc. Unfortunately, there is absolutely nothing you can do except to wait unless you want to keep on calling them every other day. My SO got refund within 3 days but it is really luck of the draw at times.
Was the problem fixed with the R50k shortage?

Koosvanwyk

Has anyone else claiming WFH expenses had their internet claims rejected? They accepted everything else.

edit: I claimed 80% of my internet expense as I literally cannot do my job without internet.
It got rejected because you claimed 80%. You can only claim based on the formula in the Income Tax Act and not a "random" %,

adoali

It got rejected because you claimed 80%. You can only claim based on the formula in the Income Tax Act and not a "random" %,
you should nave claimed 100% of the internet, if you are claiming prorata then there must be a base to use to prorate such as office space or something showing how you used it between private use and business. My advise to you is that you should have claimed 100% and informed them that you specifically bought data exclusively for business as you wanted to keep business records from private use. Tell them that you bought private data on your own private sim card and bought business data separate on a separate sim card or contract. They wont come and check your browsing history, even at work you have occasions whereby you are just browsing data for enjoyment. so you should have claimed 100% airtime/data. you can dispute, if you are gonna claim only a portion then you must show how you arrived at that which you are very likely fail to provide

Mythical-

This just happened to me. Any update? Have you filed an objection?
Yes, I logged a dispute. But when I woke up this morning, I had the refund in my bank account. The refund is just for the money I was supposed to get back for the retirement annuity, I didn't get anything back for all the work from home expenses that I claimed for.

I don't know what I'm supposed to do now. Are they still looking at my objection, despite the fact that they've already paid me?

My refund status say: Ready to be paid.
In my returns history, the last line item is the ITR12 with the status "Revision submitted by SARS". This is the one where they removed all my WFH claims.
The status of my dispute is "Sent to SARS".

Vades

It doesn't make sense to me/

I pushed back and they seem to have resolved it now.

L-Dog

Expert Member
Hey guys need to submit my documents online for verification but I don't have submit online documents button or option online. My mate has this tab so not sure where to go from here > ?

The_Mowgs

Honorary Master
Hey guys need to submit my documents online for verification but I don't have submit online documents button or option online. My mate has this tab so not sure where to go from here > ?
Give it time, it will appear on your profile

Arthur AnymoreDonuts

Other way is, under sars correspondence the letter should show there with a documents button next to it.

sandwitch

No problem. The wizard will ask you if you made any contributions etc, it will then create the form for you. Just ensure you put the amount next to the correct code.

Let me know if you need help.
I need your help please. I'm trying to get to my 4250/4251 codes but efiling is keeping me humble.
I tried the below, the call centre told me to try the below. What am I not doing properly because I know it's operator problems?

I click this option:
1627483670091.png

I select the red option:
1627483844305.png

But all I get is this:
1627483958117.png

The_Mowgs

Honorary Master
I need your help please. I'm trying to get to my 4250/4251 codes but efiling is keeping me humble.
I tried the below, the call centre told me to try the below. What am I not doing properly because I know it's operator problems?

I click this option:
View attachment 1115990

I select the red option:
View attachment 1115992

But all I get is this:
View attachment 1115994
I think you are selecting the wrong option within the wizard. I cant recall now what the option is but its not the one you selected.

e4et

Expert Member

I click this option:
View attachment 1115990

I select the red option:
View attachment 1115992

But all I get is this:
View attachment 1115994
6506 or 6507.
I was stuck here as well and decided to use my taxtim voucher.
Those are the codes they listed i should use for the 4250/4251 i saw on my EE certificate.

Koosvanwyk

Yes, I logged a dispute. But when I woke up this morning, I had the refund in my bank account. The refund is just for the money I was supposed to get back for the retirement annuity, I didn't get anything back for all the work from home expenses that I claimed for.

I don't know what I'm supposed to do now. Are they still looking at my objection, despite the fact that they've already paid me?

My refund status say: Ready to be paid.
In my returns history, the last line item is the ITR12 with the status "Revision submitted by SARS". This is the one where they removed all my WFH claims.
The status of my dispute is "Sent to SARS".
They won't hold back a payment when there is a pending objection. The objection will run its own course and you will get another payment and revised assessment should they agree with you.

Koosvanwyk

you should nave claimed 100% of the internet, if you are claiming prorata then there must be a base to use to prorate such as office space or something showing how you used it between private use and business. My advise to you is that you should have claimed 100% and informed them that you specifically bought data exclusively for business as you wanted to keep business records from private use. Tell them that you bought private data on your own private sim card and bought business data separate on a separate sim card or contract. They wont come and check your browsing history, even at work you have occasions whereby you are just browsing data for enjoyment. so you should have claimed 100% airtime/data. you can dispute, if you are gonna claim only a portion then you must show how you arrived at that which you are very likely fail to provide
You cannot do as suggested if you are a salaried employee, the ITA does not allow for this.

SupremeELITE69

Has anybody been asked to submit additional supporting documents after already doing so 20 days ago on the 1st July and received completion letter.