SARS E-Filing 2020/21

HowTo

Expert Member
SARS are doing this on purpose. I'm a pensioner trying to get my out of pocket expenses.(R4500) Currently I'm over 65 years category.
I have send them everything. But they still keeping sending me this. This happened from Auto assessed to audit.
WTF SARS, should I give them a tinkle and let them call me back?
How fast are these buggers to get back to you?

Attachments

• SARS.jpg
    SARS.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 73

SupremeELITE69

SARS are doing this on purpose. I'm a pensioner trying to get my out of pocket expenses.(R4500) Currently I'm over 65 years category.
I have send them everything. But they still keeping sending me this. This happened from Auto assessed to audit.
WTF SARS, should I give them a tinkle and let them call me back?
How fast are these buggers to get back to you?
I have also received my 4th letter now, one every sunday from the 1st July after submitting my supporting documents.... SARS is deliberately withholding tax refunds from Tax payers this year, in my last 20 years of claims i have never experienced such pathetic service... a product of a failed state, it's no wonder Tax payers are leaving this country, nothing works anymore.

HowTo

Expert Member
I have also received my 4th letter now, one every sunday from the 1st July after submitting my supporting documents.... SARS is deliberately withholding tax refunds from Tax payers this year, in my last 20 years of claims i have never experienced such pathetic service... a product of a failed state, it's no wonder Tax payers are leaving this country, nothing works anymore.
I spoke this morning to Dis-Chem, see knows what documents SARS scum want.
She will prepare them for me. I will not give them a cent more.

chrisc

Executive Member
I cannot fathom SARS out. I am owed R700 since 2013. Not much, but rather in my account instead of theirs

5 weeks ago I receive a letter asking me to resubmit my 2012 return. Yes, 9 years ago and they want it again. I have no records whatsoever, apart from a spreadsheet

So I wrote them. Their response was to sent me the same letter again. I called their office, the lady was very abrupt and said it was my responsibility to keep records for as long as SARS might want them. Her accent was so poor I could not really make out what she was saying

The PC at that time was in a shop and disappeared during a burglary in 2016

sandwitch

I made a telephonic appointment.
The SARS agent phoned me 2 hours later than she was supposed to - l had to take time off work in order to speak to make my telephonic appointment so I'm unimpressed - but then she wanted my password so she could access my details when the SARS remote system didn't work and she couldn't understand my question. I laughed because I thought she was joking and she said she'd call back the next day and hopefully their system was working then. I'm still waiting for a return call.

Last edited:

Tman543

The SARS agent phoned me 2 hours later than she was supposed to - l had to take time off work in order to speak to make my telephonic appointment so I'm unimpressed - but then she wanted my password so she could access my details when the SARS remote system didn't work and she couldn't understand my question. I laughed because I thought she was joking and she said she'd call back the next day after I laughed about the password. I'm still waiting for a return call.
Lol what? Sounds like SARS is a circus. Why would they need your password ? Do they not have access from their side? If any one asks for password or pin I begin to think its a scam.

minkukel

Expert Member
I cannot fathom SARS out. I am owed R700 since 2013. Not much, but rather in my account instead of theirs

5 weeks ago I receive a letter asking me to resubmit my 2012 return. Yes, 9 years ago and they want it again. I have no records whatsoever, apart from a spreadsheet

So I wrote them. Their response was to sent me the same letter again. I called their office, the lady was very abrupt and said it was my responsibility to keep records for as long as SARS might want them. Her accent was so poor I could not really make out what she was saying

The PC at that time was in a shop and disappeared during a burglary in 2016
2012 resubmission is a yearly thing for me.

adoali

The SARS agent phoned me 2 hours later than she was supposed to - l had to take time off work in order to speak to make my telephonic appointment so I'm unimpressed - but then she wanted my password so she could access my details when the SARS remote system didn't work and she couldn't understand my question. I laughed because I thought she was joking and she said she'd call back the next day after I laughed about the password. I'm still waiting for a return call.
i doubt that this is true, they will ask reference number or tax number, asking password will get them fired. So can't be. Yes SARS is problematic this year, its like they don't want to work.

sandwitch

i doubt that this is true, they will ask reference number or tax number, asking password will get them fired. So can't be. Yes SARS is problematic this year, its like they don't want to work.
That's what I thought but this woman was so surprised when I said no. I asked her if it wasn't against policy but she didn't reply and suggested we try something else instead.

Like Tman543 said, it sounds odd.

Last edited:

adoali

ANYONE who got "Revision submitted by SARS" and was requested to submit the documents, how long did it take for you to get a completion letter?

cr@zydude

Executive Member
ANYONE who got "Revision submitted by SARS" and was requested to submit the documents, how long did it take for you to get a completion letter?

A little under a month for me.

I have a question for people who have had these revisions done: Did you have a situation where SARS said that it owed you money but also asked for a payment from you?

Back in July I submitted my return, including a work from home claim.
At the time, SARS calculated that it owed me RXX XXX
SARS requested documents from me, which I submitted.
SARS has now denied about half of my deductions.
My assessment now says that SARS owes me RXY XXX (less than RXX XXX) and that I owe SARS RYYY.
The RYYY is the tax 'added back' from my now denied claim.
I am happy to take the recalculated refund of RXY XXX, but don't understand why SARS doesn't simply set off my RYYY that I owe against their RXY XXX that they owe me and pay me the difference.
I didn't see a way to accept the new assessment without paying RYYY, which seems silly.
Am I missing something?

adoali

A little under a month for me.

I have a question for people who have had these revisions done: Did you have a situation where SARS said that it owed you money but also asked for a payment from you?

Back in July I submitted my return, including a work from home claim.
At the time, SARS calculated that it owed me RXX XXX
SARS requested documents from me, which I submitted.
SARS has now denied about half of my deductions.
My assessment now says that SARS owes me RXY XXX (less than RXX XXX) and that I owe SARS RYYY.
The RYYY is the tax 'added back' from my now denied claim.
I am happy to take the recalculated refund of RXY XXX, but don't understand why SARS doesn't simply set off my RYYY that I owe against their RXY XXX that they owe me and pay me the difference.
I didn't see a way to accept the new assessment without paying RYYY, which seems silly.
Am I missing something?
did you try to generate a new Statement of Account? Do that then you will see that it is set off.

cr@zydude

Executive Member
did you try to generate a new Statement of Account? Do that then you will see that it is set off.

How do I do that? First time that I've ever had a review. So far i have the Notice of Assessment.

Anonymous™

Well, well, well... after exactly one 1month and 2 days, having been selected for audit (home office first-timer) and requested to provide photos halfway during the process - my case was finalized just now with changes.

They have disallowed internet, cellphone and low-value equipment (Printer) - I have no krag to fight but I'll be damned if I don't start engaging in tax avoidance practices. Even more sore are my shares vesting today which the same taxman will be helping themself to 45%.

F*** this sh*t!

SupremeELITE69

Well, well, well... after exactly one 1month and 2 days, having been selected for audit (home office first-timer) and requested to provide photos halfway during the process - my case was finalized just now with changes.

They have disallowed internet, cellphone and low-value equipment (Printer) - I have no krag to fight but I'll be damned if I don't start engaging in tax avoidance practices. Even more sore are my shares vesting today which the same taxman will be helping themself to 45%.

F*** this sh*t!
SARS is an absolute sh%£ show this year.
Thank you for all your updates over the last month.
Enjoy your refund Bud.

Mythical-

F*** this sh*t!
My experience has also left a very sour taste in my mouth. I've never had a problem with SARS before, always rushing to submit my returns as I know I'll be getting money back, but the way this year has unrolled has made me very negative about them.

Please share your tax avoidance tips :sneaky:

Crayons

F*** this sh*t!

Did your home office look like this?
images (50).jpeg

cr@zydude

Executive Member

F*** this sh*t!

I was also disappointed in some of what SARS disallowed me. I am still getting a decent refund, but this year was a much worse expeirance that previous years. They even questioned my donation claim, one that I have been making for years and for which I have always given them the PBO numbers.