SARS E-Filing 2020/21

bar1

Expert Member
What is the best way to get a floor plan of your house?
i thought i have the document somewhere, but i can't find it

bar1

Expert Member
What is the best way to get a floor plan of your house?
i thought i have the document somewhere, but i can't find it
I see people saying "the municipality"...anyone know if i can email them?

Tman543

I see people saying "the municipality"...anyone know if i can email them?
You can get a draughtsman to draw up one.(quickest way) Otherwise the municipality could provide you with their copy on record. You need to go in to your local offices to apply for it.

surface

Honorary Master
You can get a draughtsman to draw up one.(quickest way) Otherwise the municipality could provide you with their copy on record. You need to go in to your local offices to apply for it.
Do they just look at house and draw plans? Genuinely curious as I have nfi.

Tman543

Thanks guys. Any idea of cost, say 150m2 floor area?

I got plans drawn in 2016 for R1500 500m2 property. Not sure on the prices now

surface

Honorary Master

I got plans drawn in 2016 for R1500 500m2 property. Not sure on the prices now
Thanks. 1.5K sounds nothing tbh. That thread mentions "R80 - R120 per sqm plus admin fees " o_O o_O

Tman543

Thanks. 1.5K sounds nothing tbh. That thread mentions "R80 - R120 per sqm plus admin fees " o_O o_O
Yeah I think what is important to mention is, I had a copy of the municipality plans and that it was a neighbour that did the drawings.

Saba'a

Executive Member
Anyone have a copy of the SARS Special Power of Attorney?

I cannot open it online, even if downloaded, and I do have the latest pdf reader. Using Firefox and MS Edge.

Last edited:

HandyTechTipper

Anyone have a copy of the SARS Special Power of Attorney?

I cannot open it online, even if downloaded, and I do have the latest pdf reader. Using Firefox and MS Edge.
Download the free Foxit pdf Reader to open: https://www.foxit.com/pdf-reader/
The SPPOA is actually an .xfa file but named .pdf - it can also be opened in Chrome and Firefox (google on how to change browser settings)... but that Foxit viewer is much easier - I use it for all my pdf viewing.

Attachments

• SPPOA-Special-Power-of-Attorney-External-Form.pdf
    153.5 KB · Views: 0

Saba'a

Executive Member
Download the free Foxit pdf Reader to open: https://www.foxit.com/pdf-reader/
The SPPOA is actually an .xfa file but named .pdf - it can also be opened in Chrome and Firefox (google on how to change browser settings)... but that Foxit viewer is much easier - I use it for all my pdf viewing.
Thanks.

If you change settings to download instead of browser opening pdf, it allows pdf to open.

Yet majority of pdf documents opened without need for this change.

At least now I have options

r4nd0m

This morning I woke up to a SARS refund in my account. This refund has been due since September due to auditing bottlenecks by SARS. 21 days, another 21 days and then some.

Well this is great, but my return is still not finalized on eFiling. It says I'm still in auditing.

Anyone know if this changes or if any documentation follows after?

TIA

surface

Honorary Master
This morning I woke up to a SARS refund in my account. This refund has been due since September due to auditing bottlenecks by SARS. 21 days, another 21 days and then some.

Well this is great, but my return is still not finalized on eFiling. It says I'm still in auditing.

Anyone know if this changes or if any documentation follows after?

TIA
What I have found during my recent 6 month "battle" with SARS (to correct RA amount) is that they have different internal systems outsourced to different providers and it takes them a while to sync at times. Yours also could be one of those data points that didn't work as you got return but other system is probably not in sync.