SARS E-Filing 2021/22

RedViking

Nord of the South
Just curious, would I be receiving any tax refund if I changed jobs during the year? Surely I payed too much tax whilst only working for half of the tax period.
Why? Surely you pay tax on your monthly income and not yearly if you work for someone. Or did you used to pay Provisional tax?

gertvanjoe

Expert Member
Just curious, would I be receiving any tax refund if I changed jobs during the year? Surely I payed too much tax whilst only working for half of the tax period.
Well that depends, if you are now earning significantly less and your new yearly bracket falls lower then yes, as your old employer were taxing you with the presumption you would finish the tax year with the same salary. Probably won't be much if any though

Avbob se stoep

It depends, did you change to a new salary or did you just stop working completely. If you started a new job, is the new salary less that the old one.

Jehosefat

Expert Member
odd, mine got emailed over the weekend to me
My colleague called them yesterday because she hadn't received hers yet and apparently they are running it in batches so everyone should get theirs when their batch runs some time before the end of the month.

dualmeister

Honorary Master
I went from a company car to car allowance half way through this tax year. This going to be fun :(

ijacobs3

Expert Member
Is anyone's IRP5 data actually pulling through on efiling yet?
i was looking at the request return button for 2022,

last year i clicked it, and everything was there, filing was done and dusted on the 25th Of june, and refund was in by the 29th..

Half temped to try again this year

initroot

i was looking at the request return button for 2022,

last year i clicked it, and everything was there, filing was done and dusted on the 25th Of june, and refund was in by the 29th..

Half temped to try again this year
Ive been doing mine on the 25/26th for couple of years.

I did try now but none of my third party data is pulling through. Wondering if anyone else is experiencing this?

semaphore

Honorary Master
Ive been doing mine on the 25/26th for couple of years.

I did try now but none of my third party data is pulling through. Wondering if anyone else is experiencing this?
Third-party data is still processing, it's literally on the prompt you chose to ignore.

marco79

Expert Member
Everything was preloaded. Submitted. SOA received. Not sellected for an Audit. 50% of my monthly getting paid back to me.