SARS has paid back my provisional tax payment in full, no explanation.

ricoCilliers

As the title says, I received my full amount back, down to the cents. no explanation, no notifications on efiling.

Curious to know whether this has happened to anyone else? I'm a provisional tax payer, so I essentially pay twice per year. this was for the first tax season for 2020, so from March 1st to August 31st 2019.

FYI this is how the transaction looks on my FNB transaction history. it just has a "Y" for reference.

ricoCilliers

If I got a statement that blurry from my bank, I'd be asking them to get their printer fixed. Maybe it needs a new toner cartridge...:)
lmao. I get it you'd all very much like to see the "non-blurry" version, but no cigar. I'm so poor it's embarrassing.

RedViking

Nord of the South
Does it show on your account that you owe any money and is your provisional tax form show as completed successfully with the correct information in?

Then I don't see what is the problem?

You got your money back. Smile and enjoy.

ricoCilliers

Does it show on your account that you owe any money and is your provisional tax form show as completed successfully with the correct information in?

Then I don't see what is the problem?

You got your money back. Smile and enjoy.
much as I'd like to do that, I'm really paranoid that SARS might come back for the money later. like this has to be a glitch right? the fact that they paid back everything down to the cent?

RedViking

Nord of the South
much as I'd like to do that, I'm really paranoid that SARS might come back for the money later. like this has to be a glitch right? the fact that they paid back everything down to the cent?
Then put it in saving and let it gain interest.

Again. As long as you account shows positive and everything is submitted correctly, Personally I would not worry about it.

Can also seek the advice from an accountant.

Moto Guzzi

As the title says, I received my full amount back, down to the cents. no explanation, no notifications on efiling.

Curious to know whether this has happened to anyone else? I'm a provisional tax payer, so I essentially pay twice per year. this was for the first tax season for 2020, so from March 1st to August 31st 2019.

FYI this is how the transaction looks on my FNB transaction history. it just has a "Y" for reference.
View attachment 703947
That statement is cloudy. If its not what you expected, its probably a positive mistake. To me the opposite happened. As i did corrections on e-filling it just added up to nearly R100 000.00 I suddenly own them.
I had to see a bookkeeper to get it corrected, now they do it. In this regard I just don't understand SARS language.

smc

That may be a return from your bank, not SARS, e.g., because the reference on the original payment was invalid. Check with FNB.

KT-B

Honorary Master
Forgive me for putting this here - but it is kinda related (if you stretch it a bit).

Watch out for one of these. If you look at the email address - alarm bells should go off. That is not to mention all the other little things that tell you this is a fake. Asseseement. Asking you to click on links and insert your password. Link goes to cartelplast.com, cellistsjustify.co.kr, lossryrwf.co.kr. The distraction of the writer after "you will need to do the following:" And a myriad of other errors.

bchip

Pull a statement of accounts on SARS efiling.
Its a starting point to see where and who paid it.

LaraC

Honorary Master
I wanted to pay on Saturday and eFiling pointed out that it isn't a business day. Maybe that could explain the reversal. :unsure:

Last edited: