Sars IT head apologises for 'conduct, posture, and demeanour'

who.dat

Expert Member
SARS digital information systems and technology chief officer Mmamathe Makhekhe-Mokhuane on Saturday apologised for her "conduct, posture, and demeanour" during an SABC TV Morning Live interview and appearance before the Nugent Commission of Inquiry into tax administration and governance at Sars.

"I took time to do a deep personal reflection following my interview on Morning Live and subsequent appearance before the Nugent Commission on Wednesday," she said in a statement.

"My conduct, posture, and demeanour during both the Morning Live interview and Nugent Commission may have given an impression of arrogance, nonchalance, and unprofessionalism, and brought my competence and expertise into question," she said.
More at https://www.iol.co.za/news/politics...es-for-conduct-posture-and-demeanour-17566324

Ryansr

Expert Member
The reasons that she gives for her behavior is also a bit vague and she can definitely do with a pay cut there...

chrisc

Executive Member
Did she not get the questions in advance? This is normal. When I was once interviewed for TV, the day before I was sent the questions, so I could prepare and not make a fool of myself. Its bad enough sitting in front of strong lights with a huge camera and 5 or 6 people sitting there listening. And my interview was 90 seconds

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Did she not get the questions in advance? This is normal. When I was once interviewed for TV, the day before I was send the questions, so I could prepare and not make a fool of myself. Its bad enough sitting in front of strong lights with a huge camera and 5 or 6 people sitting there listening. And my interview was 90 seconds
All well and good until Maggs goes off script to try to discredit you....

The questions here were soft. She should not have needed prep for them

who.dat

Expert Member
I took time to do a deep personal reflection following my interview on Morning Live and subsequent appearance before the Nugent Commission on Wednesday.
More like she was probably ripped a new one and made a laughing stock at work, with her friends, and probably even her own family.

I agree with others, she must just resign and be forgotten about. Better for us all.