SARS limitations don’t apply to local ecommerce imports

Quintrix

Soon everyone on MyBB will be an importer.
Not just - if you spend some time in the local post office you soon realise every Tom, Dick and Sally knows how to use the Wish app. So lets watch the community Facebook pages for ads by the "local Importers" :)

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
“We find people think our prices are expensive, but a lot of the time that’s caused by incorrect weights from suppliers. Weight is the biggest factor when using air freight,” said Drennan.
So Justin, if the import price is actually less than the price displayed on your site do you refund the customer?

neoprema

Expert Member
Yeah see, if i wanted to pay R8000 for something that only costs R4000 on Amazon including shipping to South Africa, I would use WantItAll and have a lesson in how to overpay for something royally.

Since I'm not prepared to pay what can only be called daylight robbery, I'll find other means of importing stuff from Amazon.

Example: Monoprice Mini Delta 3D Printer With Heated (110 x 110 x 120 mm) Build Plate.

Amazon Price with shipping to ZA + Prepaid Customs Fee: R 3691.47 as of tonight.
WantItAll Price: R 9310.00

I rest my case.

Last edited:

Jings

Honorary Master
If you use Scott's Shipping or Aramex etc they are the local importer, so what's the problem really?

RedViking

Nord of the South
Sure, if you want to wait months for items.
Why would you wait months if you use a trusted courier? The only time I use an importer is if I struggle to get it myself.

Im not saying don't use an importer. Scott is awesome and there are great reviews for his service etc. But there are people who prefer to do it themselves and have always done it themselves. Why must they now pay more and go through a 3rd part just because of the stupid laws.

Jings

Honorary Master
Why would you wait months if you use a trusted courier? The only time I use an importer is if I struggle to get it myself.

Im not saying don't use an importer. Scott is awesome and there are great reviews for his service etc. But there are people who prefer to do it themselves and have always done it themselves. Why must they now pay more and go through a 3rd part just because of the stupid laws.
I suppose it depends on your requirements.

smb3

Is this a joke? How can mybroadband advertise a piece of crap site that is wantitall?

Raru has a better imports section

RedViking

Nord of the South
Is this a joke? How can mybroadband advertise a piece of crap site that is wantitall?

Raru has a better imports section
I agree. There are MUCH better alternatives. I guess they already have a relationship with Wantitall so it was easy to get their perspective.