SA's Covid-19 vaccines are expiring earlier than planned — and we only found out when they got to the country

ponder

Honorary Master
Is there any hope the private hospitals will be able to procure their own cause anything government touches turns to ....

People here get upset when you say the private sector will handle this way better than gov, but no they want gov to control it...

VooDooC

Expert Member
People here get upset when you say the private sector will handle this way better than gov, but no they want gov to control it...

This lot can't organise a pissup in a brewery, nevermind plan a mass inoculation for a whole country.

This is going to be the HIV/Mbheki **** show all over again, and those with money will make a plan to get the vaccine while the rest either hope for the virus to evolve into a less lethal strain or die.

Waiting for the inevitable blame game.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
The vaccine is not effective, expires before they can roll it out, we paid more than any other country for it and South Africa will use multiple BEE middlemen to deliver it but aren't able to monitor it to keep it the correct temperature.

Welcome to South Africa.
Welcome to the life of an ANC voter who, for years and years, have to listen to promises that never come through. All you get is excuse after excuse, if you get an excuse at all, and when election time rolls around again, you get your food parcel and a t-shirt with another promise that Apartheid is coming back if you don't vote ANC again.

grok

Honorary Master
Remember the too tall trains, someone didn't check the fine print obviously..

smc

Israel is managing to vaccinate 150,000 people per day. So the 1,5 million doses are about 10 days supply for a well organized health service. So using all those doses by end February shouldn't be a problem. The problem here is not expiry dates, the problem is, as usual, the actually getting things done part.

Last edited:

s0lar

Expert Member
My fellow South Africans. Apologies but we bought the wrong vaccinations. We will be moving to level 5 due to our ineptitude in the meantime. We will however still be distributing these incorrect vaccines as we already have distribution tenders in-place. Good luck if you get the new or old vaccine. God bless us all. I thank you.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
My fellow South Africans. Apologies but we bought the wrong vaccinations. We will be moving to level 5 due to our ineptitude in the meantime. We will however still be distributing these incorrect vaccines as we already have distribution tenders in-place. Good luck if you get the new or old vaccine. God bless us all. I thank you.
1612780279917.png

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
Israel is managing to vaccinate 150,000 people per day. So the 1,5 million doses are about 10 days supply for a well organized health service. So using all those doses by end February shouldn't be a problem. The problem here is not expiry dates, the problem is, as usual, the actual getting things done part.
Yeah, lets put a pin the questionable efficacy of the things (none of the vaccines are that good when it comes to that anyway) then why can't we distribute and use these vaccines in the two months we have before they expire?

JohnStarr

Expert Member
God I can't wait for the Facebook Karens and News24 to spin this.

More lockdowns! More!
They don't need this...all they needed to do was hit the beaches in the various cities and towns yesterday. I drove past our beaches in PLZ yesterday. Zero social distancing, huge clumps of people and about 95% not wearing masks.
Not a single cop car in sight. However, when the beach ban was on they'd arrest you in a heartbeat for touching the sand...

s0lar

Expert Member
They don't need this...all they needed to do was hit the beaches in the various cities and towns yesterday. I drove past our beaches in PLZ yesterday. Zero social distancing, huge clumps of people and about 95% not wearing masks.
Not a single cop car in sight. However, when the beach ban was on they'd arrest you in a heartbeat for touching the sand...
Go Karen! You tell them, take it personal.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
On queue on the neighbourhood whatsapp.

Old fossils with nothing better to do that fear themselves into oblivion. So scared if you walk the dogs they go inside in case of a rogue droplet of saliva from 30 meters away. It's ridiculous to what extent people are taking this.

Free advice, don't move into an "older" neighbourhood. All they do its complain about covid, dogs barking and kids playing. Painful!
The only thing I bitch about are the parties that go on until 5 in the morning, and the terrible treatment you millenials dish out to your pets.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Yeah, lets put a pin the questionable efficacy of the things (none of the vaccines are that good when it comes to that anyway) then why can't we distribute and use these vaccines in the two months we have before they expire?
So you want the vaccine? That is confirmed to be 22% effective?
No thanks.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
Chapter 1: "Stay home to flatten the curve."
Chapter 2: "Stay home and save lives"
Chapter 3: "Stay home and wait for the vaccine"
Chapter 4: ??