SA's The New Age newspaper launches online

blunomore

Honorary Master
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

EDIT: Just judging from the majority of the articles on the front page, this seems slanted in favour of government .

Wonder for how much it will sell ?

Last edited:

Vrotappel

Bulls fan
You should be proud - your tax money is indirectly paying for this.

nakedpeanut

Expert Member
Lol I try to vote on their poll and it says I already have!! :wtf: 1st time visiting and doubt sum1 had my ip as i have not rebooted router for a while..

shogun

Expert Member
Too much on one page!

I don't like the UI at ALL. Font is difficult to read. 5 Billion things to focus on. Colours are not calming at all. I feel stressed just reading it. There's no uniformity between all the images / buttons / colours etc. Did they do any research into what local users like to look at?

After all that I got to the content. Not impressed at all. Let's hope this changes dramatically soon. I doubt i'll be visiting there again:/

Albereth

Honorary Master
the "other" masses follow the other newspapers bull**** as well.... by time we had an alternative viewpoint.
It's not an alternative viewpoint. It's not even a viewpoint. That would imply some form of critcal thought has been applied. It is a party political advertisement.

kayg33

It's not an alternative viewpoint. It's not even a viewpoint. That would imply some form of critcal thought has been applied. It is a party political advertisement.
As most current publications are casting SA in negative light, its about time to show it in a positive light even if its not true just for balance sake.

Albereth

Honorary Master
As most current publications are casting SA in negative light, its about time to show it in a positive light even if its not true just for balance sake.
I'd rather have the truth as unpleasant as it may be.

I'd also say that most current publications are not casting SA in any light other than what it is.

Can you imagine what the effect would be if for just one day every single person on the road actually behaved themselves. No accidents, no fines, no damage to road surfaces. The impact on revenue streams will be significant. And then do it again. And again.

Now extend that thought to the rest of society. One day when nobody is murdered or assaulted. One day when nobody crooks the tenders or pays bribes. And then do that again. And again.

Eventually you will get to a point where the only news will be 'positive' and won't have to be made up.

kayg33

I'd rather have the truth as unpleasant as it may be.

I'd also say that most current publications are not casting SA in any light other than what it is.

Can you imagine what the effect would be if for just one day every single person on the road actually behaved themselves. No accidents, no fines, no damage to road surfaces. The impact on revenue streams will be significant. And then do it again. And again.

Now extend that thought to the rest of society. One day when nobody is murdered or assaulted. One day when nobody crooks the tenders or pays bribes. And then do that again. And again.

Eventually you will get to a point where the only news will be 'positive' and won't have to be made up.
There is truth, then there is continues negative reporting and a breath of fresh air hoping for some positive reporting, the world cup being the only exception when was the last times you saw an front page article about anything good in SA. Over the last 16 years how come after all the bad stories and exposure things have not got bad better new crooks emerge every say. Sad reality is the crime will never go away, but this country with all the bullish is still beautiful place to live in, with all its problems

DarkStreet

Expert Member
There is truth, then there is continues negative reporting and a breath of fresh air hoping for some positive reporting, the world cup being the only exception when was the last times you saw an front page article about anything good in SA.
Check any news website or newspaper, local or international: front page stories are almost always about bad things. South Africa isn't any different.

kayg33

Check any news website or newspaper, local or international: front page stories are almost always about bad things. South Africa isn't any different.
There is bad things like natural disasters, miners being trapped underground in Chile and the likes. Then there is the constant NEGATIVE perception being created about life in SA, Afro-pessimism the crime and corruption this and that and the failures of the ANC Its sickening, tired of such how about positive news for once.