Sasol hires foreign help

mynaamis

Banned
A few weeks ago News24 posted a article about Sasol hiring foreign workers.
Then one or other union threw its panties out of the window because of this.

Now has anyone in the gvt or public ever wonder why Sasol did this.
Well I'll tell you why?

SA doesnt have any skilled labour and Sasol is forced to hire twits to do their work for them. These twits have to apply to the AA rules.

Now these twits have to work on and with highly suffisticated equipment and then they f@#$k up and then there are explosions and there are unions throwing panties all over the stage.

Now Sasol has become fed up with the twits they have to hire... Now they are looking overseas for workers

First of all when these workers sucumb in an accident there are no unions throwing panties and these foreign help actually know what they are doing.

Sasol is busy importing over 1000 help from overseas atm and some or other union is dancing naked outside with panties on their head about it

The unions and the gvt should get their act together and realise they are f@#%ing up.

nocilah

Banned
in my personal opinion a company's main objective is profit (aka Telkom). If the only way is to bring in individuals who actually do their work and more productive then go for it.

SAD that this country is running out of skills though. bah... and who said BEE is not racist.

kilo39

Executive Member
SA doesnt have any skilled labour and Sasol is forced to hire twits to do their work for them. These twits have to apply to the AA rules.
The way I understand it: all the "skilled workers" were made redundant and told to re-apply for their jobs under AA. They never got their jobs back - less skilled workers were employed instead(?) - (on the basis of skin colour?) Now - when it's a mess they want to bring in skilled people from overseas? What happened to the local "skilled people" - they can't all be overseas - and why aren't these "skilled people" being re-employed?

Typical of our government: "We didn't realise we needed skilled people!"

Unless the government stops with these racist policies the country will be a basket case - heading that way -.

I start coming to the conclusion the majority of government have never lived in the country - and have no clue what it is to be South African.

BTTB

Freshy-ZN said:
Not very eloquently put but pretty much on the money:D
ROFL.

All those panties. :D
One wonders why the clothing industry isn't doing better?

Be he/she pink, brown or indifferent, they should employ local first before they employ from outside our borders.
How can one apply AA and then when you cannot fill the position locally with black faces look over the borders for workers.
A slap in the face for South Africans.

nocilah

Banned
BTTB said:
Be he/she pink, brown or indifferent, they should employ local first before they employ from outside our borders.
that is too true! but if they cannot find skills in this country?

bullfrog

Expert Member
The skills are there, but due to the government racist policies those skilled workers will leave. The guys who got replaced for unskilled workers are all going to leave. Then these companies will have to bring in workers from other countries costing them a lot of money.

There is a computer shop owner in my town who started the shop because he was fired for someone of a different colour. He decided to start his own shop so he can have control. He is doing very well and has quite a large staff. At the moment the government is giving him troubles because he doesn't have enough black workers. Now in some places there just aren't black people who have the skills to do certain jobs and that's a fact. Now should he really be forced to hire someone of any colour that hasn't got the skills to get the job done? Now just say this one person without the needed skills is black and is the only person of his colour to show up for the interview. Who is going to get the job? The black guy, because the shop owner was forced to hire him.

According to what he said, they are going to try force some his suppliers to stop selling products to shops without a certain percentage of black people.

These government polices are most definately the best solution.

BTTB

Skills.

Talk about skills.
My brother for instance is Operations Supervisor for a Service Company in the Oil Industry at the Caspian Sea.
He could probably do any of those skilled jobs at Sasol and more, but he works for 9 months of the year outside the country.
He is getting good pay, but has very little family life, but that is South Africa for you. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.
Had he worked in the country, he would have to give almost 50% of his salary to Trevor Manuel.
A catch 22 situation. You may not be offered a job in this country, but then again if you do work here most of your efforts goes to SARS anyway. :mad:

So what is the incentive?

icyrus

Executive Member
Its true, but I think most people wouldn't resent paying taxes that much if the money was being used in constructive ways. I don't know about the rest of you but seeing my taxes being used to send every tom, **** and harry in government to Germany to watch the world cup wasn't my idea of well spent money.

Funnily enough the only government department that actually functions is SARS. I wonder why that would be...