Saturday night and Netflix is streaming at 244p, **** yeah!

jbroo

Cmon rain, its been 1-2mbps downstream all damn day. I can deal with fluctuations, but then this... And your network isn't even that loaded today.Screenshot_20200620_203554_eu.vspeed.mybroadband.jpg

Jono_jt

Cmon rain, its been 1-2mbps downstream all damn day. I can deal with fluctuations, but then this... And your network isn't even that loaded today.View attachment 863129
SUCKS!!!
Sad thing is they know in certain cases the people that do not have another choices in terms of internet connections they could not give a ****

rain_mobile

Rain Representative
Company Rep
Hi @jbroo

Please drop us a DM with the email address linked to your rain account so that we can further investigate your query?

jbroo

Hi @jbroo

Please drop us a DM with the email address linked to your rain account so that we can further investigate your query?
I did. 2 weeks ago. And several times before that. The response was that someone would get back to me. Crickets. Nonetheless in the interests of giving you a chance, DM sent.

namzsteve

Expert Member
Not to defend rain in any way, frankly I think their service is horrible but since some of us don't really have a choice when it comes to internet, but I have noticed rain towers get hit hard when there's a power outage.
The tower I connect to is less than a KM from me and on a different power section than my complex, and whenever there's a power outage in that section, my internet is affected. Horrible download speeds, horrible streaming, but fixes itself when power returns

jbroo

Any speed difference?
No, the facebook response was that the towers in my area are very congested, but they are apparently working on a solution. At least it's an admission that the problem lies with them, not making monkeys out of us and getting us to reboot routers and other silly things.

Kiemo

No, the facebook response was that the towers in my area are very congested, but they are apparently working on a solution. At least it's an admission that the problem lies with them, not making monkeys out of us and getting us to reboot routers and other silly things.
Lol this is funny I was told to do that on how many occasions but my speeds are still poor ... all I do it when I see the speeds see good I do my downloading

Nqindi

Obviously Rain is not working for you. Get another provider.

jbroo

Obviously Rain is not working for you. Get another provider.
No. There are valid reasons for choosing rain. The problem here is they need to deliver on the service they claim to provide. But thanks for solving the problem so gracefully.

genetic

Honorary Master
No. There are valid reasons for choosing rain. The problem here is they need to deliver on the service they claim to provide. But thanks for solving the problem so gracefully.
Rain or any other provider is not a "blanket service". Their service is marketed as "at best". So your mileage will vary.

jbroo

Rain or any other provider is not a "blanket service". Their service is marketed as "at best". So your mileage will vary.
I'm aware of this. I would not call 0.5mbps "best effort". I'm by no means expecting 10mbps all the time. I'm also not expecting 5hlt all the time. Ya get me?

ngoni615

I'm aware of this. I would not call 0.5mbps "best effort". I'm by no means expecting 10mbps all the time. I'm also not expecting 5hlt all the time. Ya get me?
Exactly 0.5mbs is not best effort at all. There is gotta be some standards. seriously... 0.5mbs best effort? I like you, would expect at least 6megs.

defcomk

Speeds have deteriorated further went from 700Kb/s during the day to 120 then 50Kb/s during lockdown now it's around 27kb/s I dunno what exactly happens at between 12:00pm till about 12:45 connection is so bad telegram cannot get a connection no throughput whatsoever.

It's the Korsten_VOD tower I'm pretty sure there is like 4 Atleast four neighbourhood's on this tower Korsten, Young Park , Algoa Park, GelvanDale.

Ironically areas with fiber RAIN is usable 40MBPS tested two different areas both with fibre coverage

ngoni615

Speeds have deteriorated further went from 700Kb/s during the day to 120 then 50Kb/s during lockdown now it's around 27kb/s I dunno what exactly happens at between 12:00pm till about 12:45 connection is so bad telegram cannot get a connection no throughput whatsoever.

It's the Korsten_VOD tower I'm pretty sure there is like 4 Atleast four neighbourhood's on this tower Korsten, Young Park , Algoa Park, GelvanDale.

Ironically areas with fiber RAIN is usable 40MBPS tested two different areas both with fibre coverage
Maybe it is not meant to be?

defcomk

Maybe it is not meant to be?
Guess not, I'm not even mad anymore I understand in ZA carriers aren't run by humans just money hungry demons it is what is.

Might be moving soon so I'm Def gonna move to a neighborhood with fiber and it's adiós RAIN