Saudi Arabia will now punish feminist women with 'flogging and prison sentences'

cheesus

Better than being a kunt in that last carriage. The future looks bleak for those folks.
Good for you, calling religious people kunts. You, sir, are yet again showing how good people can be without God.

(Not at all)

Your vulgar language usage must again show me how morally superior you atheist truly are.

No. The proof (of the pudding) is in the eating.
All the pudding proves is that melted butter and sugar can be delicious.

Ponderer

Expert Member
Strange. You come across as being religious. I mean, you just said something earlier like, "I'm not really that religious". Which means you at least a bit religious.

You also seem to spend more time defending religion and dissing atheism.

Anyway, what do you know about "real" cults?
Which part of saying that he was Agnostic don't you understand?

surface

Executive Member
The likes of Newton, Einstein, ........ would disagree.
My kind rational friend, I knew you would claim Einstein.

“It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it.”

daveza

Honorary Master
So the narrative is muslims do bad stuff but it's ok because China also does bad stuff ?

Ponderer

Expert Member
My kind rational friend, I knew you would claim Einstein.

You claiming that Einstein was an Atheist?

<edit>
BTW - you know that deGrasse Tyson is Agnostic (and not an Atheist), right?

Last edited:

cheesus

Strange. You come across as being religious. I mean, you just said something earlier like, "I'm not really that religious". Which means you at least a bit religious.

You also seem to spend more time defending religion and dissing atheism.

Anyway, what do you know about "real" cults?
I'm not against anything. Seeing as I'm for free thought I do believe atheist being the morality-police is intellectually bogus. That is not saying that any atheist cannot be a good person or really saying anything about the truth claims that atheism makes, like don't be an atheist and think yourself morally superior to the rest of us, because you are not.

I have members of my extended family who are Jehovas and really that is scary, my mother 'escaped' that lifestyle and it was very important to her to not have children in that lifestyle.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Not under Mao it didnt, or that was him ambition anyway.

Hitler funny enough didnt care who did what to whom as long as they performed for the state.
This is not true. Homosexuals weren't welcome in Nazi Germany.

berrypi

im quite surprised by the level of intelligence of the regular posters here... (shouldnt have high hopes!)

If tradition cannot be separated from religion then why do you all comment? I could swear you all have a PHD in religious studies and have the "right version". In the day of the internet you can get ANYTHING to prove your point is legitimate

Religion is what you bring to it. You bring violence, your religion is violence. Same applies to daily life... you wake up angry at the world... your entire day will be filled with anger...

If you posters cannot differentiate, then dont post and show off your ignorance. Then again, what would you expect? keyboard warriors and forum wizards...

*maybe i am the same? standing around roses will make you smell like a rose?

cheesus

This is not true. Homosexuals weren't welcome in Nazi Germany.
Hitler was committed to the tenants of Darwinian evolution, he saw the competition between the species in it's human form as the competition between the races. The concept of the Aryan race is just dog breeding in human form.

Just like kennel union has a standard for each dog breed, Hitler had his own standard for humanity. Now the Slavic nations, black people, homosexuals were all in opposition to his ideas of a perfect human specimen. In essence, his concept of the 'Untermensch' was the traits he considered 'faulty' and his concept of the Ayrian was what he considered human perfection.

Hitler just did not think it good to let the Untermensch spread their faulty genetics into his perfect specimens. He was also not afraid of culling poorly bred humans.

And just btw this is my views on Nazism as it is described in Mein Kampf. If anyone disagrees with it you can get an authoritative account on his views in the book he wrote. You don't have to take my word for it, get it from the proverbial horse's mouth.

What part of my post did you not understand - where I was questioning him calling himself agnostic?
Don't misquote me please, I said the closest label would be agnostic. I'm an adherent of free-thought first and foremost. Pieter-Dirk Uys is my spiritual hero and if you want a person to compare me to, he is it.

Last edited:

Splinter

Honorary Master
It is called a double standard. I'm not really all that religious but really the thought that Atheist should take up the mantle of worldview police when they are responsible for the most systematic destruction of a people in the history of mankind to me is incredibly intellectually bankrupt position to be held.

If the Buddhist wants that mantle then I think it may be OK, but not an atheist. They seem to be more convinced of their own nobility than any Christian is of his.
I'm not against anything. Seeing as I'm for free thought I do believe atheist being the morality-police is intellectually bogus. That is not saying that any atheist cannot be a good person or really saying anything about the truth claims that atheism makes, like don't be an atheist and think yourself morally superior to the rest of us, because you are not.

I have members of my extended family who are Jehovas and really that is scary, my mother 'escaped' that lifestyle and it was very important to her to not have children in that lifestyle.
Dude - as above. You are either lying to us, or to yourself. You're a "little bit" religious as per your own words, and while you state you are not against anything, you clearly have an axe to grind with atheism.

And Jehova's are a mainstream religion. If they are a cult, then so are other churches.

Splinter

Honorary Master
Don't misquote me please, I said the closest label would be agnostic. I'm an adherent of free-thought first and foremost. Pieter-Dirk Uys is my spiritual hero and if you want a person to compare me to, he is it.
Let me rephrase then - I disagree with you being closely labelled as an agnostic.

And refer my previous post - I don't believe your actual ideology is what you claim it to be.