Say goodbye to your Afrihost Free Time ADSL data

Hummercellc

Expert Member
It was good while it lasted, but now I am waiting for people to start complaining that a promotion has ended...

rwenzori

Honorary Master
It was good while it lasted, but now I am waiting for people to start complaining that a promotion has ended...
Well I'm going to have a moan. These crunts came up with shaping of capped accounts a month or so ago , but said "moenie wurry nie" you still have all this free time.

Gian, you schmuck,
No you're not a thmuck, you're a poeth to do thith.

mrlgm007

they shaped the *** out of my account capped account , glad i stayed with another provider

AfriGenie

Afrihost
Company Rep
they shaped the *** out of my account capped account , glad i stayed with another provider
Were you on one of our Shaped Capped accounts? How regularly were you experiencing shaping? Did it feel like any services other than P2P and HTTP downloads were being shaped?

sgs

Does this mean I will be able to watch youtube again without having to be happy with the lowest of the lowest of quality? (Weekend was horrible during the evenings.)

AfriGenie

Afrihost
Company Rep
Does this mean I will be able to watch youtube again without having to be happy with the lowest of the lowest of quality? (Weekend was horrible during the evenings.)
Our Team is taking a long hard look of the overall experience that our Clients are having in the South. I'm sure you'll see an improvement very soon.

Viva

Expert Member
Will the #Datamustfall (250MB Free mobile data) continue? Or when is this scheduled to stop?

AfriGenie

Afrihost
Company Rep
I just wished you had kept capped account Unshaped without increase in price never mind you took away the free time data Afrihost.
The prices of our Capped accounts didn't actually change. We were running a Double Data promotion that came to end at the end of January. So 50GB + 50GB Capped accounts returned to 50GB again. Our Clients could then opt to Double the 50GB of Data to 100GB by opting for Shaped Capped Data.

lordnokon

Knew it was to good to be true - So glad I didn't move all my clients across to this platform

PsyWulf

Executive Member
Good while it lasted (for most of us). Guess i'll switch back to uncapped :D

Devo1

I am on a 100Gb Unshaped Capped Account for the past year or so.

Wanted to upgrade last week to a R299 package (150Gb Unshaped Capped) to qualify for the free-time, however something in my head told me to wait a bit. Glad I did.

I am very happy with Afrihost at the moment. No problems at all. But with all the promotions ending (Free-Time, Double data etc.) I am considering to test out Crystal Web Xtreme VIP Capped (150Gb) as I need a little bit more than my current 100Gb per month.