SCA dismisses ANC bid to challenge DA's 'cadre deployment' court victory

rvZA

Honorary Master
The ANC's latest bid to challenge a ruling that forces it to hand over decade-long records of its cadre deployment to the DA was dismissed by the Supreme Court of Appeal (SCA) as having "no reasonable prospects of success".

DA-cadre-deployment-1024x1024.jpeg

Problem is getting the cadres out of critical roles... what says the law about this sort of thing?

Concourt says no.

DA might as well start getting the papers together to hold Fikile Mbulua in contempt of court now.

That is good. The ANC is going to play hardball now. Just be careful of the records, that will be available, as it is now destined to become altered history. I very much expect them to state that not all communications in concern with "cadre deployment" were compelled to be recorded and or archived.

I myself have also learned the valuable lesson of keeping my own minutes and history.

That is good. The ANC is going to play hardball now. Just be careful of the records, that will be available, as it is now destined to become altered history. I very much expect them to state that not all communications in concern with "cadre deployment" were compelled to be recorded and or archived.

I myself have also learned the valuable lesson of keeping my own minutes and history.
Or just hand over some fluff that doesn't really implicate them. Who's going to know whether they handed over everything?

Or just hand over some fluff that doesn't really implicate them. Who's going to know whether they handed over everything?

That is up to the discovery team. They will be thorough, but this has reached a stage where the ANC will stall and deceive in response. I am sure that any and all trails will be investigated.

My opinion is, that though there is an order, that the ANC is not, yet, forced into being transparent. Regardless, the game is afoot.

Corruption and state capture goes to the heart of cadre deployment by the Great Looting Party (GLM) , records showing the decision to deploy certain members and links to charges against them.

It is really silly. ANC won't have minutes of meeting that would indicate deployment of any cadres. That is not how it would work. Most guys here think ANC are stupid but corruption and cadre deployment/nepotism takes lot of "hard work" to hide one's crimes & irregularities.

Plus ANC has our money to fight DA till the very last. If they give in too easily, doubts shall be cast as well.

What happens if the ANC does not hand it over? What is the punishment for contempt? Imprisonment? Who will serve the penalty?

What will the DA do with these records? I honestly thought every single political party engages in cadre deployment, maybe just under a different name. If you are in power, you want your people in critical positions and not necessarily for nefarious reasons. Am I naive?

What happens if the ANC does not hand it over? What is the punishment for contempt? Imprisonment? Who will serve the penalty?

What will the DA do with these records? I honestly thought every single political party engages in cadre deployment, maybe just under a different name. If you are in power, you want your people in critical positions and not necessarily for nefarious reasons. Am I naive?
Contempt of court, yes, it could include imprisonment as we have seen with Zuma.
The custodian of everything ANC is the office of the SG, so Mbalula will be arrested.

What is the DA going to do? This is a political game so nothing much besides using it in their political campaigns.
And yes, you thought right, the difference is that the ANC actually has a policy on it, others like the DA just deploy their cadres.

Last edited:
Back