SCA dismisses ANC bid to challenge DA's 'cadre deployment' court victory

Contempt of court, yet, it could include imprisonment as we have seen with Zuma.
The custodian of everything ANC is the office of the SG, so Mbalula will be arrested.

What is the DA going to do? This is a political game so nothing much besides using it in their political campaigns.
And yes, you thought right, the difference is tgat the ANC actually has a policy on it, others like the DA just deploy their cadres.
This whole thing was just to buy time, so they can filter out what to hand over and what to keep. Nobody would know any better, least of all the DA...

What is the DA going to do? This is a political game so nothing much besides using it in their political campaigns.
And yes, you thought right, the difference is tgat the ANC actually has a policy on it, others like the DA just deploy their cadres.
I forgot to mention (kind of answering my own Q here!), they will probably also use it to draw a direct line to state capture ... ?

This whole thing was just to buy time, so they can filter out what to hand over and what to keep. Nobody would know any better, least of all the DA...
Yeah, there is no one who is going to be arrested or held in contempt, as I said it is all political and the DA can claim a small victory to use for their election campaign.

Yeah, there is no one who is going to be arrested or held in contempt, as I said it is all political and the DA can claim a small victory to use for their election campaign.
I would really like to know from high IQ cadres of DA as to how the actual F they are going to know if records are accurate or manipulated or combination of every possible F.

I forgot to mention (kind of answering my own Q here!), they will probably also use it to draw a direct line to state capture ... ?
If say they find records for employing Hlaudi as an SABC CEO that argument would be easy to make, but in reality most of those appointments were made by Zuma and he never needed anyone's approval, except maybe from the Guptas.

So I honestly doubt they are going to find anything juicy.

I would really like to know from high IQ cadres of DA as to how the actual F they are going to know if records are accurate or manipulated or combination of every possible F.
I think they were sent on a wild goose chase, the ANC insistence in appealing probably gave them an impression that there is something big being hidden.

The cadres that could have been appointed through that committee would be qualified people anyway, the name of Sipho Maseko, former Telkom CEO was mentioned at Zondo commission, that isn't exactly a name that will be useful to the DA.

So for what the DA has invested in the matter, I doubt it is going to have the intended outcome, especially since it can be proven that they do engage in the same practice themselves.

I think they were sent on a wild goose chase, the ANC insistence in appealing probably gave them an impression that there is something big being hidden.

The cadres that could have been appointed through that committee would be qualified people anyway, the name of Sipho Maseko, former Telkom CEO was mentioned at Zondo commission, that isn't exactly a name that will be useful to the DA.

So for what the DA has invested in the matter, I doubt it is going to have the intended outcome, especially since it can be proven that they do engage in the same practice themselves.
I wouldn't have a problem with cadre deployment if services worked, water comes out taps and the province stays a better place than the rest of SA.

If say they find records for employing Hlaudi as an SABC CEO that argument would be easy to make, but in reality most of those appointments were made by Zuma and he never needed anyone's approval, except maybe from the Guptas.

Look what has already been revealed:

During the same meeting on 3 August 2018, the cadre deployment committee advised Minister Mmamoloko Kubayi-Ngubane to retain three of the incumbent board members of the National Advisory Council of Innovation, “further noting that Cde Derek Swartz is firm supporter of the ANC (sic).” While the committee was apparently frustrated that, in the case of the board of the National Research Foundation, “no one can be appointed who holds a political office,” the cadre committee was heartened that “there seems to be a good team with a number of people associated with the ANC movement.”
https://www.da.org.za/2022/01/cadre-deployment-minutes-reveal-vast-anc-job-reservation-scheme

That is illegal famalamadingdong.

Those minutes indicated there is a database of CVs that the ANC has kept:

In order to fill the board seats reserved for ANC cadres, the deployment committee apparently draws on its own dedicated CV database. Minutes from the meeting on 11 May 2018 note that “the deployment committee agreed to forward names of people requesting for deployment to comrade Pravin Gordhan for consideration in state-owned enterprise boards by 19 May 2018.” Similarly, during the meeting of 3 August 2018, “it was agreed that the members [presumably of the deployment committee] must submit their proposals, and the abridged CVs must be submitted to the Minister [of Transport].

This suggests that the ANC deployment committee possesses a list of CVs submitted to the committee by party cadres who receive special consideration for employment on the boards of SOEs by the likes of Gordhan and Nzimande. In fact, during the meeting of 11 May 2018, Lindiwe Zulu appeared to suggest that this job reservation database be formalised to include the details of “all ANC members who are deployed in every position in government, business, boards and also research names of those previously deployed.”

The DA know exactly what they are looking for because the previously released minutes referenced it.

I think the DA's plan is to currently get everything they can, then get a high court injunction to go after every single person named that was recommended by the committee.

I think the DA's plan is to currently get everything they can, then get a high court injunction to go after every single person named that was recommended by the committee.
What exactly are they going to do those people when they find them?

Mantashe told Parliament on Tuesday that the Democratic Alliance (DA) may criticise the African National Congress’ (ANC) policy of cadre deployment, when it has been able to transform the country in the last three decades.

It certainly looks different now, but it is definitely not working better. Is he aware?

What exactly are they going to do those people when they find them?

Depends on the positions. For judges, they would likely need to refer all of them to the JSC for removal as their appointment was improper:

The manner in which judges are appointed is crucial to the independence of the judiciary.42 Ideally, by stipulating clear procedures to be followed in their appointment the Constitution ensures that appointments are made in a transparent manner and for the correct reasons. The process also seeks to ensure that judges who are appointed are people of ability, and who are fit and proper.43 Moreover, the appointment processes also ensure that the constitutional imperatives of transformation are taken into account.44 The Constitution, through the JSC, therefore ensures that judges aren't appointed arbitrarily for inappropriate reasons. This is particularly important in a constitutional democracy such as South Africa, as judges are the guardians of the Constitution.45However, questions have been raised about the president's extensive powers of appointing judges. Deputy Chief Justice Dikgang Moseneke is one of those who have questioned such powers:

... a careful examination of the powers of the national executive chapter in the constitution displays a remarkable concentration of the president's powers of appointment.46
Someone being appointed on the sole basis that they would rule in favour of the ANC is a violation of the judicial process. Even if they are not removed, their ability to do their job and act impartially towards the ANC will basically relegate them to matters not involving the ANC. They probably will resign though.

For everyone else, they will need to approach the labour court to set aside the appointment.
https://www.psc.gov.za/documents/docs/guidelines/Guide_to_Correct_Irregular_Appointments.pdf

As if a blek president needing to ask non-elected officiating uncles for approval about democratic guava mint stuff isn't juicy enough?

Depends on the positions. For judges, they would likely need to refer all of them to the JSC for removal as their appointment was improper:

Someone being appointed on the sole basis that they would rule in favour of the ANC is a violation of the judicial process. Even if they are not removed, their ability to do their job and act impartially towards the ANC will basically relegate them to matters not involving the ANC. They probably will resign though.

For everyone else, they will need to approach the labour court to set aside the appointment.
https://www.psc.gov.za/documents/docs/guidelines/Guide_to_Correct_Irregular_Appointments.pdf
No judge or anyone in government position or SOE has ever been appointed by the ANC, judges are appointed by the President government officials are appointed by their respective departments and SOE appointments are done by the boards of the companies.

So yes, what you are saying is just wishful thinking and the DA won't succeed in having anyone removed from their positions from whatever they are going to get from these minutes.

No judge or anyone in government position or SOE has ever been appointed by the ANC, judges are appointed by the President government officials are appointed by their respective departments and SOE appointments are done by the boards of the companies.

So yes, what you are saying is just wishful thinking and the DA won't succeed in having anyone removed from their positions from whatever they are going to get from these minutes.
False. If you look at the minutes already released, it stated that the ANC required its political deployments to appoint the people it wanted to, thus excluding anyone who wasn't part of the ANC's Broederbond.

In the case of the SANParks board, the committee instructed then-Minister Edna Molewa on 11 May 2018 to “add the names” of an unspecified number of “ANC cadres as per her discussion with the DP (Deputy President).”
https://www.da.org.za/2022/01/cadre-deployment-minutes-reveal-vast-anc-job-reservation-scheme

The minister is not allowed to behave like this when doing these appointments. They need to follow a procedure that allows people who are not approved by the ANC's cadre deployment committee to participate in these public offices.

False. If you look at the minutes already released, it stated that the ANC required its political deployments to appoint the people it wanted to, thus excluding anyone who wasn't part of the ANC's Broederbond.

The minister is not allowed to behave like this when doing these appointments. They need to follow a procedure that allows people who are not approved by the ANC's cadre deployment committee to participate in these public offices.
Okay, wake me up when the first person loses their job.

Back