Scale modelling

iWish

b6646c36647d7c20ab18098a73d1ca76.jpg

Big Rat

My bismarck built is a bit stalled at the moment, but many enjoyable hours sitting hunched over the bench.
The color schema and patterns really impressive, especially if you get the meaning behind it.
There is a theory that with the bismarck having it's 'smallship' paint on, that the hood and POW got confused between Prinz Eugen and the Bismarck. Clever bit of trickery that..

theratman

Honorary Master
My bismarck built is a bit stalled at the moment, but many enjoyable hours sitting hunched over the bench.
The color schema and patterns really impressive, especially if you get the meaning behind it.
There is a theory that with the bismarck having it's 'smallship' paint on, that the hood and POW got confused between Prinz Eugen and the Bismarck. Clever bit of trickery that..
I was gifted a custom built Bismarck, it's a monster at 1.2m.

IMG_20211012_082402.jpg

I picked up a beautifully built and painted Tirpitz for R250 about 2 years ago. (It's rather dusty now)

IMG_20211012_082623.jpg

Big Rat

I was gifted a custom built Bismarck, it's a monster at 1.2m.

View attachment 1165116

I picked up a beautifully built and painted Tirpitz for R250 about 2 years ago. (It's rather dusty now)

View attachment 1165118
My tirpitz looked like that. that dazzle paint was a bastard, lot of taping and spraying involved.
My bismarck looks like that too, only need to finish the funnel section.
That darkened stern and bow, with the white behind it. The idea was that the darkened section would be invissible to the eye against the backdrop of the water, and the white part looked like a bow wave. That made the ship look smaller, at least the idea was that.

Claymore

Executive Member
Way back when, in my mid-teens I guess or maybe even much earlier, I started putting the model name that came on the decal sheet onto a mirror in a cabinet. Many models didn't come with such a decal, or they had one the disintegrated, but here's my mirror with many of the kits I built around that era, and a few newer ones. Plenty of Matchbox and Airfix in there!

1634048963461.png