Scam - Fake Dept of Health tender Microscopes TYCKE-X2C, mothibamedicalsupplier.com

lived666

Executive Member
Second such scam going around at the moment for supposdley supply of 40 microscopes to dept of health.
Similar modus operandi as the first scam not that long ago.

A fake tender is circulated - either from someone within the dept of health or somehow connected.
They using the same quantity of 40 microscopes - I mean come on at least change that up a bit.

Anyhow the basis of the scam is they setup a fake website - in this case it is www.mothibamedicalsupplier.com - in this current scam the website was created this month where lo and behold they are the one and only people with this made up brand of microscope that the department of health is supposedly looking for.

How the scam works is that you contact this website for a quote, supply the quote to the fake tender - obviously win the tender to supply but being a tender you need to buy and pay for the microscopes and deliver before you get paid - and thats where you and your money part ways for ever.

Similar scam was shown on Carte Blanche a while ago for trucks or truck engines or something can't recall.

silentc

From their website
Mothiba Medical supplier was established in November 2006 in Cape Town, South Africa to service the South African market & surrounding countries.
from the footer of their website - some customer reviews
20 Jan, 2006
Really great service
— 19 May, 2008
Bought A Wheelchair for my mother a year ago, They delivered Fast.
— 18 Nov, 2018
Their consultants are wonderful and really helpful.
So a) they're getting reviews almost a year before they were open and b) the best 3 reviews are from 2006, 2007 then huge gap and 2018, That alone is dodge AF. Never mind that they have partnerships in more than half of the recognized countries in the world. Subtle, they are not.

lived666

Executive Member
hmmmm - I try and not supply all the clues as to why its a scam - but it is all very clear with 5 minutes of checking. Why some people don't investigate these tenders is beyond me.

silentc

hmmmm - I try and not supply all the clues as to why its a scam - but it is all very clear with 5 minutes of checking. Why some people don't investigate these tenders is beyond me.
Greed.
The underlying mechanic of most scams is playing on the victims greed.

STS

Mafia Detective
Their whois is blocked too, telephone number only shows up on this site and gumtree

ISP cash cow

Executive Member
LOL you got to give it to them, these scams are a lot more intricate and thought out instead of a Nigerian prince has a million dollars to give you.

lived666

Executive Member
Scam still ongoing now using PART NUMBER X548451 - I don't know if to feel sorry for anyone falling for this or just go meh - if you don't do your research and due diligence then meh