Scam? Money laundering? Tax evasion?

InternetSwag

Expert Member
Hi guys,

Something doesn't seem right about this. My widowed mom has been talking to some guy she met online and he's given her access to his absa bank accounts and asked her to transfer money into other accounts and into various Luno accounts. And we're talking large amounts here (100k+) And then let her keep some of it because he 'loves her'. They've never met.

Something really doesn't add up. And I'm getting really bad vibes from this.

I feel like she's being used and doesn't realize it. I just don't know for what.

wtf do I do? Before my mom gets pulled into some huge fraud thing and then its over for her.

Snyper564

Executive Member
Omw this is some serious kek you dealing with.

Google sweet heart scams and money mules. Get her to stop ASAP!

There is a chance that the absa accounts arnt even legit.

STOP ASAP! And I think you need to report this somewhere. Maybe @Jan can help

Last edited:

gregmcc

Honorary Master
Damn dude. This is serious. Need to stop immediately.
Soon he will be gone, she will have no money left and police will be knocking on the door.

das Toktokken

Honorary Master
She is being used to launder money. She will be implicated in the crimes associated with that cash. Anything from theft to fraud to drug dealing to murder.

InternetSwag

Expert Member
Oh god. I don't know what to do.
I wonder what all info of her he has now, perhaps even knows her address, or whom her children are and might even have pictures of us all.

idk maybe im jumping to the worst case conclusion here but wtf
this faceless person could be anyone capable of anything

gertvanjoe

Expert Member
Eish, you better start talking to your mother and have a lawyer and financial advisor sit in. I'm not saying force her to sign over power of attorney, but at least get yourself involved in some executive way. No one wants this to happen, but it's better for everyone's financial safety

gregmcc

Honorary Master
Talk to your mom tonight. Don't let this go on for any longer before its too late. You don't even want to think about worse case scenario.

Find out all the details - what banking/personal info has been handed over?

PsyWulf

Honorary Master
200.gif

TheChamp

Honorary Master
I wonder what all info of her he has now, perhaps even knows her address, or whom her children are and might even have pictures of us all.

You are not, have a good chat with your mom, and good luck, you are going to need it as I don't see her being very reasonable.

Snyper564

Executive Member
@InternetSwag i have already told you she is essentially a money mule caught in a sweetheart scam stop it asap! Her pc has already likely been compromised.

Moto Guzzi

Expert Member
Well, it seems the fraud can still be intercepted if she keep playing along with the The Directorate for Priority Crime Investigation by her side-? This must be an option to consider, I think an advisor would not touch this.

das Toktokken

Honorary Master

Don't panic. Just go see the cops and explain it to them. If you've done that you will have covered your tracks on the legal side. Change her phone number and email address if necessary.
Reformat and reinstall. Change passwords to banking, old email and any other important accounts

Snyper564

Executive Member
Don't panic. Just go see the cops and explain it to them. If you've done that you will have covered your tracks on the legal side. Change her phone number and email address if necessary.
Reformat and reinstall. Change passwords to banking, old email and any other important accounts
DO THIS FIRST

Change passwords to banking, old email and any other important accounts

If that pc is compromised can likely lose everything, enable 2FA and do this from another pc just incase a keylogger is installed

Then go to cops ASAP