School covid indemnity form

Ciferion

Hi all

So my child's school has asked us to sign a Covid Indemnity form. Citing that if we do not sign it they will be refuse entry.

20200706_162123.jpg

Some research I can find some articles:

Is this legal? Should we sign it?

ISP cash cow

Executive Member
The schools are being told to open up by government and the schools are just securing themselves from legal recourse should anything happen that your child catches COVID at school, they can try their upmost to protect the children but they cannot guarantee the safety (like none of us can).

So they are indeed within their rights to indemnify themselves if you do decide to have your child return to school.

If you are worried about your child contracting the virus at school, just don't allow your child back to school.

binkybozo

That is a private school, yes? We have to sign one as well. Which we do every week. It's a private school so for me personally they can do what they want, I have no issue signing it.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
Just sign it. Otherwise stay home. Don't make a scene.

Mystic Twilight

Expert Member
Don't sign it, then go on facebook and twitter to kick up a fuss about your rights and childrens rights being violated, then complain about being censored, then sue the school for poor health and hygiene standards in protecting against the virus, demand to speak to the manager. Don't forget to have blonde hair, big round sunglasses, and call yourself karen.

Ciferion

Lol no just signed it and moved on. We got enough drama to deal with.

The_Ogre

Honorary Master
I just signed the forms. My kids were bored shirtless from sitting at home for months already.

Research shows that kid to kid transmission is extremely unlikely, and even if they get it, in most cases we won't even know

Lupus

Honorary Master
I just signed the forms. My kids were bored shirtless from sitting at home for months already.

Research shows that kid to kid transmission is extremely unlikely, and even if they get it, in most cases we won't even know
Yet they keep moving grade 1 and 2

Grand Inquisitor

Don't sign it, then go on facebook and twitter to kick up a fuss about your rights and childrens rights being violated, then complain about being censored, then sue the school for poor health and hygiene standards in protecting against the virus, demand to speak to the manager. Don't forget to have blonde hair, big round sunglasses, and call yourself karen.
Absolutely ridiculous reply.

Asking if something is within the law or if you truly have an obligation to do so, when asked to sign a document is not being a "Karen".

In fact, it's highly recommend to have a rule not to sign *anything* that you don't fully understand or have reservations about before getting more facts at the very least.

Mystic Twilight

Expert Member
Absolutely ridiculous reply.

Asking if something is within the law or if you truly have an obligation to do so, when asked to sign a document is not being a "Karen".

In fact, it's highly recommend to have a rule not to sign *anything* that you don't fully understand or have reservations about before getting more facts at the very least.
You need to download a new web browser, your italics is broken.