School principal shot dead

marine1

Honorary Master
He was shot dead by robbers. Funny how this same guy complained about the cops giving robbery suspects some street justice the other day. Ironic that he now becomes a victim of crime

4cer

Expert Member
welcome to south Africa.. rapists on your right.. murderers on the left.. hell straight ahead..

marine1

Honorary Master
Yeah heard it on 702 now. What people don't get is that this guy called 702 the other day and made a huge outcry over cops smacking some robbery suspects. The irony is now he is dead because of the laws that protect these animals

chiskop

Executive Member
This morning's Star claims it was a hit. Karvelas had laid a charge of brutality against the police with the ICD, after an incident outside his school a few months back.

I don't see it online, but the Star quotes the [-]DA[/-] ANC councillor for the area, Neil Diamond (no sniggering at the back), as saying that many would be "relieved" and that few tears would be shed. :mad:

[-]refreshing change from the DA's usual tune about crime. :mad:[/-]

So, no changes there, then .:mad:

Not un-coincidently, it seems Karvelas was investigating something against Diamond.

Last edited:

marine1

Honorary Master
Well I think it is just ironic that he was shot and bitched about the cops a couple of days before.

derekc

Expert Member
This morning's Star claims it was a hit. Karvelas had laid a charge of brutality against the police with the ICD, after an incident outside his school a few months back.

I don't see it online, but the Star quotes the DA councillor for the area, Neil Diamond (no sniggering at the back), as saying that many would be "relieved" and that few tears would be shed. :mad:

refreshing change from the DA's usual tune about crime. :mad:

Not un-coincidently, it seems Karvelas was investigating something against Diamond.
Mansfield on the rude awakening said this Neil Diamond guy was from the ANC...which one is correct?

BobbyMac

Expert Member
I don't see it online, but the Star quotes the DA councillor for the area, Neil Diamond (no sniggering at the back), as saying that many would be "relieved" and that few tears would be shed. :mad:
Neil Diamond is an ANC councilor.

chiskop

Executive Member
D'oh. Mansfield is right, and chiskop is wrong :eek:.

(Made some changes to previous post)

chiskop

Executive Member
I was angry at what this councilor had said about it being a "relief" that this school principal had been shot in the neck. That is a disgusting lack of humanity.

I misidentified the guy as a DA councilor, and thought the statement was hypocritical given the DA's stance on crime.

Of course, realising that this guy is a crosstitute who joined the ANC, hypocrisy is a given.

I think it is a disgusting thing to say about someone freshly murderered.

BobbyMac

Expert Member
Thanks chiskop for clearing that up. And I wholly agree with your sentiment.

derekc

Expert Member
Neil Diamond was being very insensitive here. What he said was wrong and raises questions whether if the investigation that the victim was carrying out against an alleged land deal with Diamond had anything to do with the burglary. Speculation says it could be a hit. Anyways this Diamond guy is a toss.

Syndyre

Honorary Master
Karvelas had apparently reported Ekurhuleni metro police chief Robert McBride to the Public Protector because McBride would not open the booms in a suburb in the area - Alberante - to let other people, other than the residents, enter the gated community.
This is just stupid though.