Schoolgirl, 12, ‘electrocuted after her phone fell in bath while she was charging it’

mercurial

MyBB Legend
Joined
Jun 12, 2007
Messages
37,871
#1
Schoolgirl, 12, ‘electrocuted after her phone fell in bath while she was charging it’

A schoolgirl was ‘electrocuted in her bath’ after her phone fell in the water while she was charging it, police say.

Kseniya P, 12, had been listening to music while in the bath when her phone ran out of power.

She plugged it in to charge in the bathroom but the phone with the cable attached fell into the water, according to a preliminary investigation. She is reported to have died instantly. Her distraught mother told police she had taken a bath after playing basketball after school.

Her mother was cooking an evening meal and become worried about Kseniya’s silence. She went into the bathroom and found the girl ‘already dead with her head under the water’.

The phone was floating in the bath. She called emergency services and tried to resuscitate Kseniya but it was ‘too late’. Kseniya was the only child in her family, living in Bolshoe Gryzlovo village in the Serpukhovsky district of Moscow region. Her mother is PA to a senior company manager, and her father works as a driver.

Kseniya was keen on sports and a passionate dancer and skier.

Her dance school said today they were in ‘big grief’ over ‘the death of our beautiful star Kseniya who has died aged 12’. A friend called Anna said it was a ‘terrible tragedy’. Comments urged parents to ‘warn their children about the terrible risks of using phones in the bath’. One comment read: ‘Don’t people know the basic rules of safety and explain them to their children?’

Another said: ‘How many times do we have to hear about such cases? ‘People prefer to to learn from their own mistakes, at the cost of their own lifes, and do not separate themselves their phones even in the bath…’ The case is being probed by Moscow regional Investigative Committee.
 

BetaEagle

Active Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
73
#15
the phone with the cable attached fell into the water, according to a preliminary investigation
Must have been an adapter plug (from an extension coord/cable). Switch-mode chargers have isolation provided by a transformer. A horrific story indeed
 
Last edited:

Pitbull

Verboten
Joined
Apr 8, 2006
Messages
61,412
#19
Must have been an adapter cable from mains. Switch-mode chargers have isolation provided by a transformer. A horrific story indeed
The charger cable itself runs through a charging block. How is it possible to get electrocuted from that low voltage/amps? Doesn't make sense to me. Also the breaker in the house should have tripped the moment it fell in the water :confused:
 
Top