Schools will not be ready to open on 8 June, say Unions

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
So lets hold everyone back and potentially ruin everyones future because not all schools are ready... Sounds like a solid approach to me.

Lupus

Honorary Master
So lets hold everyone back and potentially ruin everyones future because not all schools are ready... Sounds like a solid approach to me.
Yup seems the WC had the right idea and just said stuff it and opened, other provinces should.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Yup seems the WC had the right idea and just said stuff it and opened, other provinces should.
It actually needs to be more granular than that.... Schools that are ready should be allowed to open... Our childrens future is of vital importance, and it pisses on my battery that the Unions think they can screw everyone because of the governments incompetence.

Lupus

Honorary Master
It actually needs to be more granular than that.... Schools that are ready should be allowed to open... Our childrens future is of vital importance, and it pisses on my battery that the Unions think they can screw everyone because of the governments incompetence.
Hey my sons school has said they are going to continue the work from home thing until whenever, so you know what he's benefitting, from next year I'm more than likely moving him permenantely to work from home.
It's my nieces in government schools who suffer,the one is in grade 7 and she was so amped to go back this week.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Hey my sons school has said they are going to continue the work from home thing until whenever, so you know what he's benefitting, from next year I'm more than likely moving him permenantely to work from home.
It's my nieces in government schools who suffer,the one is in grade 7 and she was so amped to go back this week.
100%... The schools that could operate largely remotely have continued to do so and those kids are largely going to be ok....
I am concerned about the larger number of kids who go to decent enough government schools, but are being hamstrung because of this crap... they should be back at school and learning if the school was ready.

As a country we need to accept that we have at least 2 education systems (possibly 3)... and we need to work within that understanding.

Lupus

Honorary Master
100%... The schools that could operate largely remotely have continued to do so and those kids are largely going to be ok....
I am concerned about the larger number of kids who go to decent enough government schools, but are being hamstrung because of this crap... they should be back at school and learning if the school was ready.

As a country we need to accept that we have at least 2 education systems (possibly 3)... and we need to work within that understanding.
We have 3 you're correct. It would go similar to what we had in the old days
Private, Model C type Public and pure governmental. Or you could even look at Private, Urban and rural

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
We have 3 you're correct. It would go similar to what we had in the old days
Private, Model C type Public and pure governmental. Or you could even look at Private, Urban and rural
Largely yeah.... Private may have 2 levels because some Private schools are on the same level as the Model Cs... but largely 3 levels.

You could group Private and Model C together in terms of the way DBE deals with them. But the rural schools are were the focus is needed, but we shouldn't be hamstringing the private/model C level schools purely because some random rural schools aren't ready.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Largely yeah.... Private may have 2 levels because some Private schools are on the same level as the Model Cs... but largely 3 levels.

You could group Private and Model C together in terms of the way DBE deals with them. But the rural schools are were the focus is needed, but we shouldn't be hamstringing the private/model C level schools purely because some random rural schools aren't ready.
Those rural schools will never be ready, they weren't ready before and won't be after. This is the problem

Nerfherder

Honorary Master

Yes, thats why I have been saying for a while now that the education dept should just be giving direction and support. It should be managed on a more granular level at the province and school.
For this year they should also have a general acceptance of home schooling and work on providing a basic level of support for this.

We can already see that managing this from a national level is going to fail.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Those rural schools will never be ready, they weren't ready before and won't be after. This is the problem
100%... I've had a few experiences in rural schools.. and as much as those teachers and principals try to provide for their students, they're hamstrung by funding and their distance from everything... Of course some are just there too loot the funds from of course but that is a seperate issue since it exists in some urban schools as well that have the relevant facilities.

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Yes, thats why I have been saying for a while now that the education dept should just be giving direction and support. It should be managed on a more granular level at the province and school.
For this year they should also have a general acceptance of home schooling and work on providing a basic level of support for this.

We can already see that managing this from a national level is going to fail.
Managing anything this complex from a national level was always doomed to failure... Managing anything from that level of abstraction will just be a cockup when it comes to finer details and differences at the micro level.

Nerfherder

Honorary Master
and magically there are no hotspots in rural areas... so not a problem in reality.