Scientology

Grant

Honorary Master
So I've been watching some videos and documentaries about this lot.
Cult of personality seems to be the order of the day, along with deep seated paranoia.

Has anyone here ever been a member of this cult ?

skimread

Executive Member
Cult of personality seems to be the order of the day, along with deep seated paranoia.

I hear very little of them. They bought the Kyalami castle. Not sure if they still own it..

They were clever as all the money they get from members they invested in property.
Some parents give their kids to the organisation so there is no chance to get out as the kids will never know better and won't have any money to start a new life.
Being a non profit they don't pay tax so they are pretty smart yet I never hear about them going out and helping the poor community. It's like they only want rich members or servitude.

Asgard85

I never really gave much thought to them until I stumbled across former members Leah Remini and Mike Rinder speaking about the goings on in the organization. My interest piqued I did a little research and frankly it sounds certifiably bonkers to me.

I would also be very interested to hear directly from someone who was a member and is no longer.

Last edited:

Moosedrool

Expert Member

I saw them at pick 'n pay handing out flyers once.

Tman*

Expert Member
I used to know someone that is/was a Scientologist.

Cut all ties after he tried to show me a video on Dianetics.

Complete nutters

werfie

Expert Member
Watch the Scientology and the aftermath series with Leah Remini and Mike Rhinder.

Shocking.

Try to get that series online and watch it. It’s jaw-dropping.

Last edited:

ArtyLoop

Executive Member
I made the mistake of working at a place where the owner of the company was into this ****. Let's just say I left pretty quickly when they tried to force me into this crap.

EADC

Expert Member
I hear very little of them. They bought the Kyalami castle. Not sure if they still own it..

They were clever as all the money they get from members they invested in property.
Some parents give their kids to the organisation so there is no chance to get out as the kids will never know better and won't have any money to start a new life.
Being a non profit they don't pay tax so they are pretty smart yet I never hear about them going out and helping the poor community. It's like they only want rich members or servitude.

I think they still do I want to go check it out, apparently they have coffee often at the Kyalami Corner Woolworths.

How true I don't know overhead someone.

ArtyLoop

Executive Member
Carlswald Mall in Midrand/Centurion is theirs aswell. When I found out I didn't ever set foot there again.

Asgard85

Carlswald Mall in Midrand/Centurion is theirs aswell. When I found out I didn't ever set foot there again.
I had never considered that their property holdings would include retail developments. Do you know where one can find this information? Personally I would also like to know which places not to give my patronage to if it would indirectly benefit them.

ArtyLoop

Executive Member
I had never considered that their property holdings would include retail developments. Do you know where one can find this information? Personally I would also like to know which places not to give my patronage to if it would indirectly benefit them.
Here is what happened...
In 2013 I was there to meet a client and they have this little LED sign board there visible from New Road and I noticed it kept displaying L. Ron. Hubbard quotes
So I asked around, with my clients living nearby they would know.
And they told me the development is owned by a company, whose owner is heavy into the cult. I wish I could remember who and what, but I will send him a WhatsApp and ask him again.

gamer16

Honorary Master
Apart from being nutters these folk (at least that's what a quick google suggests) have they ever hurt people, but I mean proper hurt not their feelings, or have the intention to do so?