Scrapy - price history for South-African stores

Razzle1

A few years ago I created a chrome extension that was mostly used by a close circle of friends and colleagues. I think others might also find it useful so I have decided to make it available to everyone.

The extension adds an iframe to certain stores which then gives you the price history of a product and also allows you to receive notifications for price and stock changes..

Test it out and let me know what you guys think or if you have any recommendations (I'm still working on the website)

URL: https://scrapy.co.za/

Takealot example
Screenshot 2022-11-08 233417.png

For people using iphones, I created the following shortcut: ( Scrapy - Price History )

When viewing a product on an app or webpage, simply click the share button and then select "Scrapy - Price History" from the list and it should bring up the price history of the product

1668166601243.png

Been using it for quite some time, Love it and thank you, great addon,

A few years ago I created a chrome extension that was mostly used by a close circle of friends and colleagues. I think others might also find it useful so I have decided to make it available to everyone.

The extension adds an iframe to certain stores which then gives you the price history of a product and also allows you to receive notifications for price and stock changes..

Test it out and let me know what you guys think or if you have any recommendations (I'm still working on the website)

Takealot example
View attachment 1418061
I like it, pretty useful cuts out a lot of searching around on the net

Takealot example
View attachment 1418061
Been using this for a long time and i don't shop at Takealot without consulting it BEST TOOL EVER!!

I recently recommended it to our whole office even when my boss went shopping for a Tv

Reactions: Yuu

Takealot example
View attachment 1418061
Nice one, man! Been using this for a while now. Love it.

I want to create a page that shows good deals, but I am not sure what criteria to use to determine if it is a good deal.

I was thinking if the current price is below the average, but the stores sometimes have pricing errors which causes the price averages to be much higher. A truncated mean might work where the top and bottom 10% of prices are ignored when calculating the average.

Anyone perhaps have other suggestions?

Last edited:

Takealot example
View attachment 1418061
Did not know. Will use going forward. Thank you.

I want to create a page that shows good deals, but I am not sure what criteria to use to determine if it is a good deal.

I was thinking if the current price is below the average, but the stores sometimes have pricing errors which causes the price averages to be much higher. A truncated mean might work where the top and bottom 10% of prices are ignored when calculating the average.

How about a few categories / colours? Green for below 3 month average (perhaps median), orange for halfway between 3-month average and minimum and red for lowest price yet?

• Love

Just ignore importitall and you are halfway there

I cannot believe it took me this long to install... 5-star rating!

I think I mailed you before, will there be a firefox extension anytime soon?
I did look into it but firefox did not yet support manifest v3 for extensions. I'll have a look again, they might have made changes since.

Edit:
Okay I got it working, I will just do some more testing before publishing it.

Untitled.png

Last edited:
I made all the necessary changes and tested it in firefox. Unfortunately when submitting the addon it gives an error that they do not currently support manifest v3. We will have to wait until firefox adds support for it.

1669052440305.png

• Sad
I did look into it but firefox did not yet support manifest v3 for extensions. I'll have a look again, they might have made changes since.

Edit:
Okay I got it working, I will just do some more testing before publishing it.

View attachment 1424021

Legendary work man, well done!! Will definitely use and recommend!!

Would also love to have this as a Firefox extension :thumbsup:

Back