SEACOM scheduled outage postponed until April

iCubed.Saajid

Hopefully this will give all ISPs and networks enough time to organise backup bandwidth to pull them through the downtime.

CrzWaco

Expert Member
Lol "Emergency Maintenance" Gets postponed 2 months. Why not call it Maintenance since how can it be a Emergency when it got postponed for 2 months...

Lobesy

"The reason for this postponement has not been communicated by SEACOM."
My guess is the current upheaval in Egypt.

SUPERMAN89

Expert Member
my vote is on the possibility that they connected something wrong or missed some country out hahaha

Kelerei

Expert Member
Lol "Emergency Maintenance" Gets postponed 2 months. Why not call it Maintenance since how can it be a Emergency when it got postponed for 2 months...

As other posters have said, the political instability in Egypt is probably a greater emergency right now. The guys doing the cable maintenance probably don't want to go in there, and I don't exactly blame them. ;)

vzta22

Not an ermergy any more since Egypt (country with highest traffic profile in Africa) is not passing traffic through the cable.