Second fibre connection – Vumatel / Cool Ideas / ?

Gopher

Moved to premises where there is an existing fibre connection with Vumatel / CellC, initially was looking to maybe upgrade the speed or transfer to Cool Ideas who I used before, but the internet is setup, being used for particular purpose, existing people cant afford the downtime to transfer, so eventually decided to rather look at just having a second fibre connection installed.

Rather looked at having a second fibre line installed with Vumatel / Cool Ideas, unfortunately when chasing up as their was no feedback I found out it was automatically rejected as Vumatel already had an installation at the same address. Cool Ideas reprocessed the order and said they will escalate it, It has been three weeks of chasing up with Cool Ideas, they say they have escalated it but we no further down the road in arranging the second fibre link or even getting a clear answer if it is not allowed / possible.

Anyone have experience in getting a second fibre line installed to same premises with Vumatel, if so via which ISP or is there someone at Vumatel one has to contact, or is it really not possible.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Moved to premises where there is an existing fibre connection with Vumatel / CellC, initially was looking to maybe upgrade the speed or transfer to Cool Ideas who I used before, but the internet is setup, being used for particular purpose, existing people cant afford the downtime to transfer, so eventually decided to rather look at just having a second fibre connection installed.

Rather looked at having a second fibre line installed with Vumatel / Cool Ideas, unfortunately when chasing up as their was no feedback I found out it was automatically rejected as Vumatel already had an installation at the same address. Cool Ideas reprocessed the order and said they will escalate it, It has been three weeks of chasing up with Cool Ideas, they say they have escalated it but we no further down the road in arranging the second fibre link or even getting a clear answer if it is not allowed / possible.

Anyone have experience in getting a second fibre line installed to same premises with Vumatel, if so via which ISP or is there someone at Vumatel one has to contact, or is it really not possible.
It can be tricky, if there are no available fibres we get the run around. Do you have a ref number for me to investigate?

Gopher

Will send you another PM, sent the Ref before when I started to not get any answers when phoning the Cool Ideas center or sending messages via the ticket.

Thank you.

r00igev@@r

Expert Member

I had the same problem which was eventually solved. Seems a bit dumbass not to allow multiple tenants per site!

Gopher

Which ISP were you using, as it has been another week and after chasing up on Monday again still no closer to knowing if it will happen or not or even if it has being accepted.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Which ISP were you using, as it has been another week and after chasing up on Monday again still no closer to knowing if it will happen or not or even if it has being accepted.
Why did you not just apply for a new line with a B or C number added to the address number? That should have triggered a new install no questions asked...

Gopher

Why did you not just apply for a new line with a B or C number added to the address number? That should have triggered a new install no questions asked...
Did not think it would have been such an issue.
Cool Ideas phoned earlier to schedule installation for next week, so lets see, hopefully everything has been resolved.

cavedog

Honorary Master
Did not think it would have been such an issue.
Cool Ideas phoned earlier to schedule installation for next week, so lets see, hopefully everything has been resolved.
Okay cool you got sorted. I stay on a property with 2 flats and 1 house. We have 3 Openserve lines installed. I'm 47B others are 47 and 47C and everyone got connected. I know you are on Vumatel but usually a B number to the number would have solved the issue right away. I won't be surprised if you check the address they ordered the line with has B number attached to the number. Update thread once installed if you don't mind :)

m.zakariyya.g

Have you considered asking them to upgrade their package and splitting the costs, and running an Ethernet cable to an access point on your premises, or using a WiFi extender? That's what I've done at my premises and I'm currently paying R400 a month for 100mbps uncapped fiber :D Just last month my 12mbps ADSL 200GB capped account was costing me close to R800 a month!

Gopher

Initially looked at that option but eventually decided against it.

Line was installed yesterday, so all good now :)

As to the address, everything I have seen shows the actual address, but strangely if I enter the address on the Vumatel website as a registered service it says no service available, so maybe they have listed it as something else.