Second hard lockdown warning for South Africa

daveza

Honorary Master
The 40million who dont pay tax and gets a handout will vote for those who give the handout.

Well played cANCer

I sometimes really want to call their bluff and we all go 'back to where we came from'.

Then let's see how much tax revenue there is.

Swa

Honorary Master
Can buy more booze if you quit smoking....
But smokes are easier to store for, you know...

Better question which businesses still operate in a meaningful way between late December - early January?
The ones that really matter.

Mr president if you and your thieves push another hard lockdown. I will not obey it. We need to work, the time for sitting on our hands is up. People need income to stay alive. We can't rely on an incompetent government to put food on the table. The cost clock wasn't stopped during lockdown.
This is the general sentiment. At the start you would see people taking each other on on social media for seemingly not following the lockdown rules. After 5 weeks when it became apparent that lockdowns don't work and what their real effect is it became the opposite. If the ANC thinks it will be the same this time and that they can survive the anger of the people they are making a big mistake.

I know it's easy to say, but people probably shouldn't have booked. I know people who just bought a car, that will be in big trouble if a hard lockdown happen again.
Probably thought the waiting out period has passed. Who could predict it, right
There shouldn't be lockdowns period, it's the first time in history we have that crazy bs. People should be doing the normal things and support the economy.

Bismuth

Expert Member
From 16-22 October, average daily active cases were about -695... (disclaimer: I have no figures for 18-October, so could only calculate it over a 6-day period)

But, they say average positive tests for the same period were 1706.

I ain't no Einstein or maths genius, but that doesn't add up.

Yeah, bring on a stricter lockdown... I think these people should stop smoking those off-brand cigarettes that the local dealer could only sell when sales were banned.

Supervan II

Expert Member
The 40million who dont pay tax and gets a handout will vote for those who give the handout.

Well played cANCer

dielaksman

50 Odd thousand active cases out of 50+ million people is not even drop in the ocean, now they again want to further f'up the economy for that. I am so tired of this crap and our useless government.

eg2505

Honorary Master
50 Odd thousand active cases out of 50+ million people is not even drop in the ocean, now they again want to further f'up the economy for that. I am so tired of this crap and our useless government.

a lot of people are, but it doesn't matter what we think, it matters what the M0r0ns in charge think,
and right now, bring on the lock-down baby.

we want to play marshal Kim Jong un today, all we need is a military parade outside the union buildings.
with some broken down Bakkies, and some MK vets (trying) to march in formation.

wingnut771

Honorary Master
a lot of people are, but it doesn't matter what we think, it matters what the M0r0ns in charge think,
and right now, bring on the lock-down baby.

we want to play marshal Kim Jong un today, all we need is a military parade outside the union buildings.
with some broken down Bakkies, and some MK vets (trying) to march in formation.