Second hard lockdown warning for South Africa

GreGorGy

BULLSFAN
You know Ramaphosa himself has said he wants to address the nation in the coming days, right?

EDIT: Source

You do know it says POSSIBLY NEXT WEEK, right? Not this week? Which is at the foundation of part of my objection here but I cannot expect you to view this logically or impartially, which is a shame because the bwana I knew was more level-headed than this.

markings

Expert Member
It's the prat from KZN who is threatening there's going to be a hard lockdown - not squirrel.
If he wants a lockdown he must just do KZN but leave the rest of the country in peace.
In Malaysia they impose enhanced and quite radical controls on areas with a little as 4000 inhabitants. Food is supplied to the affected resident by the government.
They also police things effectively. 1000MYR (R 4000) fine for exposing your nose where masks are compulsory.
Huge fines for establishments who do not record contact details. Likewise for people who break quarantine. BTW they have an effective tracing app that makes tracing easier.
Dr Noor Hisham, their health DG, was hailed as one of the 3 top doctors world wide, for the handling of the Corona outbreak.

surface

Honorary Master
You do know it says POSSIBLY NEXT WEEK, right? Not this week? Which is at the foundation of part of my objection here but I cannot expect you to view this logically or impartially, which is a shame because the bwana I knew was more level-headed than this.

Ramaphosa: He will address the media soon
Media: there are rumours that Cyril has invested 3 billion $ in chinese lab that manufactured coronavirus.
mybb: ramadingdong, tingtong, squirrel, anc, bee, genocide, zim 2.0

p.s. To be fair to mods, they are just reporting on what media reports. /shrugs

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
Ramaphosa: He will address the media soon
Media: there are rumours that Cyril has invested 3 billion $ in chinese lab that manufactured coronavirus.
mybb: ramadingdong, tingtong, anc, bee, genocide, zim 2.0

You're trying too hard...

neoprema

Expert Member
Interesting article on Sky News this morning about South Africa. Minus the stupid stock photos of dirty roads and homeless people they seem to love using to portray us.

The article claims (by some doctors) that Level 5-3 Lockdowns actually inadvertently caused a faster spread of the virus in the townships, which has led to some kind of herd immunity, at least for certain "clusters". They are using that to explain the relatively low numbers and deaths compared to other countries.

The article also claims antibody tests returning negative should not be viewed as a bad thing because they are not reflecting T-cell immunity which is not tested for and can provide 2-3 years protection as tested against SARS and a few others.

Moral of the story for me was, wear a mask, sanitize and stop talking about lockdowns - they're stupid.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
He said in the coming days, possibly next week. That does not rule out this week.

Anyhow - you dismissed the journalist out of hand who went on record saying she heard Cyril saying this week, now you're challenging Cyril himself and then take a shot at me so we done.

Not my pig, not my farm.

GreGorGy

BULLSFAN
Anyhow - you dismissed the journalist out of hand who went on record saying she heard Cyril saying this week, now you're challenging Cyril himself and then take a shot at me so we done.

Where am I doing any of those things? Oh wait, legitimately questioning your and mybb's integrity so that's the same as me dismissing the journo out of hand and challenging the president? WTAF. Typical - can't make a convincing argument on facts so resort to cheap shots and then bowing out like a victim. I stand by my previous assessment of you: once level-headed, now seemingly owned. And that too is a shame. Show some honour

overit

Where am I doing any of those things? Oh wait, legitimately questioning your and mybb's integrity so that's the same as me dismissing the journo out of hand and challenging the president? WTAF. Typical - can't make a convincing argument on facts so resort to cheap shots and then bowing out like a victim. I stand by my previous assessment of you: once level-headed, now seemingly owned. And that too is a shame. Show some honour
Who hurt you and do you need a hug?

SoldierMan

Executive Member
Not sure if this has been said already but Cyril said a few days ago that there will be no second hard lockdown.... for what it's worth.