Second hard lockdown warning for South Africa

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
I'm not even joking. I needed to replace mine a while ago already so I ordered a pair a few minutes ago :ROFL:

I'm a cheap skate, I buy mine from PEP, so I think a trip out to get me a few pairs is called for actually.

Flanders

Honorary Master
That would just be plain stupid. It will achieve **** all.

A large percentage of the population doesn't adhere to the lockdown rules anyway so the only thing a second lockdown will achieve is wrecking what remains of the economy. Frikken idiots.

Malnutrition became a problem and will become even worse with a second lockdown and lives will be lost that way.

Ding! Ding!

animehero

Expert Member
Nothing to do with the thread but I have found that this year I was only ill before lockdown started and have been fine since. Every other year I'm sick atleast 2-3 times during the april-october period. If nothing else, the masks help contain people's germs to themselves

umamankandla

Some will see the world burn just to be king of the ashes. This has been the ANC philosophy for over a century.

wingnut771

Honorary Master
Nothing to do with the thread but I have found that this year I was only ill before lockdown started and have been fine since. Every other year I'm sick atleast 2-3 times during the april-october period. If nothing else, the masks help contain people's germs to themselves
Or you just washing your hands more often.

wingnut771

Honorary Master
It involves donning a bullet proof vest and rolling out the armoured vehicle and venturing forth into the depths of Pinetown Central to Sanlam Center (or Pinecrest as they call it now)
Yeah, I avoid Sanlam centre like the plague.

GhostSixFour

Mafia Addict
Why is everyone faffing around whether or not 1 or 2 people wear masks? At the gym or otherwise? We all know the taxi's aren't sticking to the rules, they were the first ones to be allowed to operate normally anyway - they will probably be the biggest cause of the increase of infections, but they also have government immunity, so they won't be hit by the "new" lockdown regulations anyway.

animehero

Expert Member
Or you just washing your hands more often.
I suffered from a few medical issues a few years back so had a lowered immune system for a while. Always made a point of taking care of my health as best I could prior to lockdown. Unfortunately I can't live in a bubble, so people always coughing and sneezing got me, or so I imagine

The Trutherizer

Expert Member
Well I know what I'll be doing with my lunch break.

Not that another hard lockdown is even logical. They went through all this effort to create stages, but they don't want to use them. If infections increase after going down a stage, then just go up to the previous one again.

wingnut771

Honorary Master
Well I know what I'll be doing with my lunch break.

Not that another hard lockdown is even logical. They went through all this effort to create stages, but they don't want to use them. If infections increase after going down a stage, then just go up to the previous one again.
You mean copying the DA's suggestion. No effort required.

surface

Honorary Master
But how many people replace their masks after every use, or even wash or sanitise them daily?
We do sanitize them as soon as we come from outside. I thought this was standard practice, is it not? :eek: