Seems like new game pricing has begun

DarKWateR

Expert Member
Seems like the expensive price virus has started to infect online stores.

Fable 2

Suggested Price: R 999
Our Price: R 897

Too Human

Lost Odyssey

Hey, wait...I'm seeing a pattern here :mad:

www.take2.co.za

P.S - Before all the PS3 fans jump up...how about you just sit down for 5 secs. I honestly don't think the PS3 game pricing is any getting better either.

Resistance 2

MotorStorm 2

Our Price R876

even the stupid Sonic Unleased is R750. This is just a bad time for all honest supporting gamers.

Last edited:

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
so - anyone want to buy a new 360 just sent to me from Prague because I can think of a whole lot of better things to spend r1k on.

DarKWateR

Expert Member
Importing seems to be the only viable option at this point. Jeez people, grab all your wanted new titles from retail stores while you still can.

stoke

Honorary Master
Next month's drop in game sales will be blamed on piracy.

Serqet

Expert Member
Thank God for Kalahari then.

Fable 2 priced @ R656

Not forgetting to mention PS3 where motostorm 2 is priced at a wopping R320 with 24 hr delivery as an option.

Even Musica has Too Human for R679

Is it just me or is Take2 a bit of a joke? Let's hope the others don't follow suit.

That being said they will soon drop the price of their games when people simply stop buying it. They don't really have an option. Sit with the stock for long enough and you are forced to drop prices. We aren't powerless here at all.

Messugga

Honorary Master
Piracy's just going to skyrocket now. Hell, I'm actually thinking of going that route now myself, having bought a few games brand new now and some second hand. R1000 for a game? That's madness.

Loop...

Thank God for Kalahari then.

Fable 2 priced @ R656

Not forgetting to mention PS3 where motostorm 2 is priced at a wopping R320 with 24 hr delivery as an option.

Even Musica has Too Human for R679

Is it just me or is Take2 a bit of a joke? Let's hope the others don't follow suit.

That being said they will soon drop the price of their games when people simply stop buying it. They don't really have an option. Sit with the stock for long enough and you are forced to drop prices. We aren't powerless here at all.

R600- R700 is still ridiculous for a game. Id rather go out clubbing, braai, watching movies, for that money.

Mephisto_Helix

Resident Postwhore
I'll just rent ..... I'm even considering getting a 2nd Xbox and getting the thing chipped .....

Serqet

Expert Member
R600- R700 is still ridiculous for a game. Id rather go out clubbing, braai, watching movies, for that money.

I hear what you saying and i agree. Just interesting to see the R200 or so price difference between places.

Messugga

Honorary Master
Lets all not buy games for a month or two and see what happens.

I think that that's what's going to happen anyway. R1000 for a game...you're going through a psychological barrier there with the four digit figure. I'm rather spending the cash on furniture for my new place...