Self defence will not be a valid reason to own a gun in SA under a newly-revived draft law

Should "self defence" continue to be a valid reason for owning a firearm?

• Yes

Votes: 592 95.8%
  • No

Votes: 26 4.2%

• Total voters

AntennaMan

Expert Member
If Biden wanted to do such a thing he could easily do so without even bothering with wasting time on trying to disarm the public. While some loons might fantasise about how they and their mates would take on the military and win the reality is that they'd be crushed.

Venezuela certainly didn't need to remove guns. They had many years of authoritarian rule with plenty of legal gun ownership to prove it.

Besides which if anyone were really going to engage in a civil war against the standing government they could just buy guns on the black market. No need to entertain any nonsense about needing legal gun ownership.
Laughing in Vietnamese rice farmers and Afghani goat herders...

I'm sure the US military will turn on their friends and families.

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
Played around with a paintball pistol today.

It packs quite a punch at close range, with solid balls.

Very dangerous.

Good.

Dave

Honorary Master
Laughing in Vietnamese rice farmers and Afghani goat herders...

Leaving aside the thread discussion but you should probably watch less Hollywood if you think the North Vietnamese Army was “Vietnamese rice farmers”.

In Jan 1968, month of the Tet offensive, the number of confirmed battalions was shown by MACV as:

• I CTZ: 16 VC and 53 NVA maneuver battalions
  • II CTZ: 15 VC and 35 NVA maneuver battalions
  • III CT: 39 VC and 20 NVA maneuver battalions
  • IV CTZ: 29 VC maneuver battalions
Somewhat earlier, in Mar 1967, sapper units had included Brigade 305, Regiment 426, and nine battalions under control of the Sapper Branch (Known as Sapper Command in the MACV listing), and there may have been other sapper units under B-2 Front.

By Jan 1969 68B and 368B Rocket Regiments were in I CTZ.

A South Vietnamese source shows the following units available in Jan 1973, grouped by ARVN CTZ.

• I CTZ: 7 infantry and 1 AA divisions; 6 infantry, 3 sapper, 6 artillery, 2 armor, and 12 AA separate regiments
  • II CTZ: 3 infantry divisions; 5 infantry, 1 sapper, 2 artillery and 1 armor separate regiments
  • III CTZ: 2 infantry, 1 sapper and 1 artillery divisions; 8 infantry, 2 sapper, 2 artillery and 1 armor regiments
  • IV CTZ: 2 infantry divisions and 11 separate infantry regiments
Units identified included M26 Armor Brigade, 75th Artillery Division, 377th AA Division, 5th Engineer Division and 27th Sapper Division.

Artillery was estimated at 430 122mm and 130mm guns. Armored vehicles of all types were estimated at 655 (including APC's and artillery tractors; this total also includes items such as the 152mm D20 gun-howitzer and 10mm T12 anti-tank gun).

Also, the Yanks could have wiped the Taliban off the face of the earth and were never in danger of losing in Afghanistan, the problem was the unacceptable collateral damage tthat would cause in what was supposed to be a peacekeeping operation.

SoldierMan

Executive Member
If you feel like vomiting

This is nonsense:

“Most of the firearms that are used in criminal activities are often the weapons that have either been stolen or robbed from licensed owners,” said Lamb.

Did you notice one small little detail that has not been raised by the twat in the hat and co.

They have highlighted how they intend to take away firearms from law abiding citizens, but they haven't said how they intend to remove firearms from CRIMINALS!!!!!

The flow of guns ammo from the police and army to criminals is immense, I mean huge, yet they don't address that. 10 million rounds of ammo went "missing" over 7 years from SAPS. That is unforgivable.

Another 1.5 million rounds were just stolen while UNDER SAPS SUPERVISION!!!! Can you say inside job.

Yet they want to point fingers at us law abiding citizens.

These past riots and the murder and crime rate in SA are more than enough reason for the average citizen to have the right to own a firearm for self defence.

Looney

Executive Member
The government can go fsck itself. I will carry a gun on me and they can arrest me. I won’t let these stupid cnuts stop me from protecting my family. And I’ll happily tell the judge to have me thrown in jail for contempt of court. I’m tired of these fscks thinking they can control every aspect of my life. Get fscked.

Reactions: XTM

The_Mowgs

Honorary Master
This is nonsense:

Did you notice one small little detail that has not been raised by the twat in the hat and co.

They have highlighted how they intend to take away firearms from law abiding citizens, but they haven't said how they intend to remove firearms from CRIMINALS!!!!!

The flow of guns ammo from the police and army to criminals is immense, I mean huge, yet they don't address that. 10 million rounds of ammo went "missing" over 7 years from SAPS. That is unforgivable.

Another 1.5 million rounds were just stolen while UNDER SAPS SUPERVISION!!!! Can you say inside job.

Yet they want to point fingers at us law abiding citizens.

These past riots and the murder and crime rate in SA are more than enough reason for the average citizen to have the right to own a firearm for self defence.
Criminals were asked to hand their weapons over for destruction in the last couple of years, all of them complied

/s

The_Mowgs

Honorary Master
The government can go fsck itself. I will carry a gun on me and they can arrest me. I won’t let these stupid cnuts stop me from protecting my family. And I’ll happily tell the judge to have me thrown in jail for contempt of court. I’m tired of these fscks thinking they can control every aspect of my life. Get fscked.
100% with you on this, fuk them and their retarded ideas.

Dave

Honorary Master
I will carry a gun on me and they can arrest me. I won’t let these stupid cnuts stop me from protecting my family.

So when they arrest you, they’ll throw you in jail. How do you plan on protecting them whilst locked up?

The_Mowgs

Honorary Master
So when they arrest you, they’ll throw you in jail. How do you plan on protecting them whilst locked up?
Will tell the family then where the rest of the firearms are in the house

Dave

Honorary Master
Will tell the family then where the rest of the firearms are in the house

And risk getting the rest of the family arrested?

Are you sure they want to go to jail?

The SAPS might be inept but they are likely to still have sufficient manpower and weapons to act in this sort of thing.

The_Mowgs

Honorary Master

The SAPS might be inept but they are likely to still have sufficient manpower and weapons to act in this sort of thing.
There are actually people in this world with meticulous plans in place for a number of situations, this being one of them.

SoldierMan

Executive Member

Why don't you just apply for the job of Bheki Cele's shoe shiner and get it over with.