Self defence will not be a valid reason to own a gun in SA under a newly-revived draft law

Should "self defence" continue to be a valid reason for owning a firearm?

• Yes

Votes: 592 95.8%
  • No

Votes: 26 4.2%

• Total voters

Dave

Honorary Master
There are actually people in this world with meticulous plans in place for a number of situations, this being one of them.

That might be so, but it isn’t going to change the issues with carrying that weapon day to day or the repercussions the first time you actually use it.

Dave

Honorary Master
Why don't you just apply for the job of Bheki Cele's shoe shiner and get it over with.

Don’t be an idiot all your life, no where have I said the gun grab is a good idea. What I am saying is that the penalty for keeping that weapon after your licence has been cancelled isn‘t a Hollywood movie, there will be real and nasty repercussions for the crime you'll be committing.

Whatever fantasies you might have, you can’t really fight the state with your 9mm, you will lose and could end up causing hurt to your loved ones as well.

The_Mowgs

Honorary Master
That might be so, but it isn’t going to change the issues with carrying that weapon day to day or the repercussions the first time you actually use it.
Thats obviously your wrong opinion

SoldierMan

Executive Member
Don’t be an idiot all your life, no where have I said the gun grab is a good idea. What I am saying is that the penalty for keeping that weapon after your licence has been cancelled isn‘t a Hollywood movie, there will be real and nasty repercussions for the crime you'll be committing.

Whatever fantasies you might have, you can’t really fight the state with your 9mm, you will lose and could end up causing hurt to your loved ones as well.

Well don't be so antagonistic then, you knew what the thread was about but instead you chose to pick a fight with someone who clearly was pissed that they could have their right to defend their family with a gun taken away.

Dave

Honorary Master
Well don't be so antagonistic then, you knew what the thread was about but instead you chose to pick a fight with someone who clearly was pissed that they could have their right to defend their family with a gun taken away.

You really don’t understand how forums and discussion threads work, do you, my little soldierboy?

Dave

Honorary Master
Thats obviously your wrong opinion

So explain how you plan to protect your family when the Special Task Force is outside your gates and about to make entry to arrest the “crazy armed white terrorist” inside?

SoldierMan

Executive Member
You really don’t understand how forums and discussion threads work, do you, my little soldierboy?

Like I said you don't have to be antagonistic white trash every day of your life. Take a break once in a while.

SAguy

Executive Member
So you won't be able to carry concealed for SD, but if you are a sports shooter you could still have a small armoury in your home for home defence at least

AntennaMan

Expert Member
So you won't be able to carry concealed for SD, but if you are a sports shooter you could still have a small armoury in your home for home defence at least
No. They want to limit what you can own, how many you can own, how much ammo you can have and take away reloading.

Dave

Honorary Master
Like I said you don't have to be antagonistic white trash every day of your life. Take a break once in a while.

Now now, that’s not very christian like and you are a soldier in the lord’s army, remember?

Sounds like you need to go see a priest to confess and get absolution for your nastiness.

Looney

Executive Member
So when they arrest you, they’ll throw you in jail. How do you plan on protecting them whilst locked up?

Let them throw me in jail. Bring it bitchez. There would be no other way to protect my family either way, but at least I’ll go down fighting this cnut government. And if you had the balls you would too. And the rest of the country who are fed up with this BS. The SAPS and the courts could not possibly jail and prosecute everyone.

At what point are WE the people of South Africa are going to finally tell the government to go fack themselves. At what point do WE the people of this nation decide enough is enough and have our protest?

And I am sorry to bring race into this, but this is a fact, Why are us whiteys too scared to protest and take action against our government. Black people are not scared, so why should we be? Enough is enough. It’s time we take a stand.

Edit: I should have said it’s time we (black, white, colored, green, purple) people who are sick of this crap.

Looney

Executive Member
So when they arrest you, they’ll throw you in jail. How do you plan on protecting them whilst locked up?

I am ready to start taking action. Are you? Or would you rather sit behind your keyboard because you are too scared to join the fight against the government.

Be a man. Grow some gd damn balls. It’s time we take our beautiful country back!

Looney

Executive Member
And if you value your and your families life, then this is not a fight we can afford to lose. We MUST take the necessary steps to ensure we can protect ourselves and family.

Because if not, we are all dead.

Dave

Honorary Master
I am ready to start taking action. Are you? Or would you rather sit behind your keyboard because you are too scared to join the fight against the government.

Be a man. Grow some gd damn balls. It’s time we take our beautiful country back!

I protected my family in a far more practical way by removing them from the violence and the ANC government.

Your chance of “taking our beautiful country back” to pre-1993 is so remote as to be impossible. Your “beautiful country” doesn’t exist anymore.

Dave

Honorary Master
Let them throw me in jail. Bring it bitchez. There would be no other way to protect my family either way, but at least I’ll go down fighting this cnut government. And if you had the balls you would too. And the rest of the country who are fed up with this BS. The SAPS and the courts could not possibly jail and prosecute everyone.

You realise that it will be a single digit percentage that have your attitude? Most people aren’t going to want to end up in a primitive jail cell with 20 other people. It’s also quite likely that the ANC and SAPS will take great pleasure at rounding up a “right wing group of racist white supremacists with illegal firearms”*

* as they will describe it in the press

You live in SA at the pleasure of the ANC government, you seem to think you are still living in pre-1994 SA, you are no longer the boss and the new bosses will not be upset being given a chance to show you just who is boss.

Sorry if that comes over as overly negative, but the fantasies of retaining firearms that are declared as in illegal possession (especially firearms which are already catalogued as to who owns them and where they live) is just pie in the sky.

Dave

Honorary Master
Why are us whiteys too scared to protest and take action against our government. Black people are not scared

Probably because most of those black people who protest have so much less to lose, they have a shack and a change of clothes. Compare that to what the average white has…

Looney

Executive Member
Probably because most of those black people who protest have so much less to lose, they have a shack and a change of clothes. Compare that to what the average white has…

We have A LOT more to lose. Like our families. If that is not important to you, then shame.

At this point I don’t give a rats ass what the black community have to lose, it’s not my problem. My family and I will always come first. So I live in a world where I own my life. If you’re willing to let the government determine your life. Shame.

If we had more of us willing to take a stand, they can’t do shite. You think there will be another Marikana?

PrettigeGert

So easy to talk tough, wonder if any of the tough talkers have ever shot anyone or been shot at, or seen what it is like in our prisons lately.

The tough talk usually goes away when people realise that they get arrested and prosecuted as individuals, chances are not a single one of the other tough talkers/posters will be with you when that happens.

So many people spout 'Molon Labe' until it is time to fight, then most of them are nowhere to be seen.

Edit: I own a number of firearms and have dedicated status, and carry daily, so this is a massive concern to me too and I am contributing and supporting the fight against these changes with everything I legally can, but for me personally carrying an unlicensed firearm will give the ANC even more power over me and likely when I really do not need them to have that.
In the end, that is a choice we all make.

Last edited:

ForceFate

Honorary Master
And if you value your and your families life, then this is not a fight we can afford to lose. We MUST take the necessary steps to ensure we can protect ourselves and family.

Because if not, we are all dead.
You'll most likely lose a lot more if you go that route, including the same family you were "protecting".

HunterNW

Honorary Master
So easy to talk tough, wonder if any of the tough talkers have ever shot anyone or been shot at, or seen what it is like in our prisons lately.

The tough talk usually goes away when people realise that they get arrested and prosecuted as individuals, chances are not a single one of the other tough talkers/posters will be with you when that happens.

So many people spout 'Molon Labe' until it is time to fight, then most of them are nowhere to be seen.

Edit: I own a number of firearms and have dedicated status, and carry daily, so this is a massive concern to me too and I am contributing and supporting the fight against these changes with everything I legally can, but for me personally carrying an unlicensed firearm will give the ANC even more power over me and likely when I really do not need them to have that.
In the end, that is a choice we all make.
Jy moet jou naam verander... jy is nie altyd so prettig nie.