Self defence will not be a valid reason to own a gun in SA under a newly-revived draft law

Should "self defence" continue to be a valid reason for owning a firearm?

• Yes

Votes: 587 95.8%
  • No

Votes: 26 4.2%

• Total voters

Looney

Executive Member
So easy to talk tough, wonder if any of the tough talkers have ever shot anyone or been shot at, or seen what it is like in our prisons lately.

The tough talk usually goes away when people realise that they get arrested and prosecuted as individuals, chances are not a single one of the other tough talkers/posters will be with you when that happens.

So many people spout 'Molon Labe' until it is time to fight, then most of them are nowhere to be seen.

Of course, I understand it’s a pipe dream. But it just goes to show how weak we are compared to the black community.

Just because they are majority does not mean we are not allowed to protest and take action. We have rights too. And if you’re willing to let them take away our rights, then bow your head in shame.

You say it’s so easy to talk tough? Well then it’s people like you that are just complacent and a wimp.

Who is going to shoot at us? The SAPS? The army? Laughable.

Again, I am willing to take a stand. Are you? Of course not. Which is why it will never work. Because you are scared of the consequences of taking a stand when instead you should be scared for the future of your family.

Bear in mind, not once have I said that we should also loot, riot, destroy and be savages. No we are better than that. And we have rights.

I don’t really have much more to say on this topic so no use debating this any further as it will just go in circles.

Looney

Executive Member
They won’t need another Marikana, they’ll come after you one by one in the middle of the night or as you drive down the road.

And arrest everyone that takes a stand? You think the jails/prisons and courts will be able to go after everyone?

Looney

Executive Member
FYI, this not the USA under discussion, you have no right to a firearm.

Only because this useless government is taking away my right to own a firearm. That is the point.

Whose talking about the USA? Get that out of your head. We all have rights.

HunterNW

Honorary Master
@Looney I agree with you 100%
I see fckers closing roads and burning tyres just outside our work area atleast once every 2 weeks - because they want jobs. Police (IF they decided to be there) will re direct traffic and that's it.
What do you think will be the outcome of white people doing the same ?

Dave

Honorary Master
Only because this useless government is taking away my right to own a firearm. That is the point.

No, it’s not. You have never had a right to own a firearm. Not now, not under the old white government. It is and was always a legal privilege.

Looney

Executive Member
No, it’s not. You have never had a right to own a firearm. Not now, not under the old white government. It is and was always a legal privilege.

Privilege my arse. Before this stupid crap I could go and apply for a gun license for self defense. It’s my right to do so. Not a privilege.

PrettigeGert

Of course, I understand it’s a pipe dream. But it just goes to show how weak we are compared to the black community.

Just because they are majority does not mean we are not allowed to protest and take action. We have rights too. And if you’re willing to let them take away our rights, then bow your head in shame.

You say it’s so easy to talk tough? Well then it’s people like you that are just complacent and a wimp.

Who is going to shoot at us? The SAPS? The army? Laughable.

Again, I am willing to take a stand. Are you? Of course not. Which is why it will never work. Because you are scared of the consequences of taking a stand when instead you should be scared for the future of your family.

Bear in mind, not once have I said that we should also loot, riot, destroy and be savages. No we are better than that. And we have rights.

I don’t really have much more to say on this topic so no use debating this any further as it will just go in circles.
Clearly the shoe fits you 100%, so you become insulting.

You are not debating, you are just insulting people you do not know, trying to appear tough AF - says a lot about you.

PrettigeGert

Privilege my arse. Before this stupid crap I could go and apply for a gun license for self defense. It’s my right to do so. Not a privilege.
It has always been a privilege.

You application could be declined for a number of reasons.

You should really rather go spend the time you use to post here insulting others trying to appear bad-ass to go educate yourself on the subject.

PrettigeGert

51344812131_6d2d677fbc_z.jpg

Looney

Executive Member
@Looney I agree with you 100%
I see fckers closing roads and burning tyres just outside our work area atleast once every 2 weeks - because they want jobs. Police (IF they decided to be there) will re direct traffic and that's it.
What do you think will be the outcome of white people doing the same ?

Firstly not just white people. People of all races that are fed up. There are also many black people that are fed up. There are many colored and Indian people who are also fed up.

And we don’t have to stoop to such a low level. We are better than that.

Let me end this off now because I really have other things I need to get done now.

Dave

Honorary Master

Your basic problem is you don’t understand the concept of legal rights.

Would you like to point out this right in the constitution? Or in any other statute?

Do you also think you have a right to drive a car?

PrettigeGert

Firstly not just white people. People of all races that are fed up. There are also many black people that are fed up. There are many colored and Indian people who are also fed up.

And we don’t have to stoop to such a low level. We are better than that.

Let me end this off now because I really have other things I need to get done now.
I hate when people post lies...