Self defence will not be a valid reason to own a gun in SA under a newly-revived draft law

Should "self defence" continue to be a valid reason for owning a firearm?

• Yes

Votes: 592 95.8%
  • No

Votes: 26 4.2%

• Total voters

Oldfut

Expert Member

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...

It would be interesting to see the stats on a Per Capita basis in terms of who loses more firearms...

Private Citizens, or the Police.

Inherently I would think the Police lost more firearms on a Per Capita basis than the private citizens who have registered firearms.

George Netherby

Expert Member
It would be interesting to see the stats on a Per Capita basis in terms of who loses more firearms...

Inherently I would think the Police lost more firearms on a Per Capita basis than the private citizens who have registered firearms.
This would be interesting.

Hellhound105

Executive Member

I see if a person handed in a firearm and the police lose it, cuntele counts it as the public loses it.

Will see if I can get proof.

CorneliusCenturion

It is not that much of an inconvenience, all you do is exchange the hand canon for a shotgun and go on a hunting trip once a year. AFIK having a firearm for hunting purposes is perfectly acceptable. You can still use it in a pinch if you need to save your family.

You could also consider a high-powered air rifle. There are ways to game the system.

CorneliusCenturion

Nope. This is a kak idea. Pointing a firearm at assailants needs to end with you eliminating the threat. Did you not see the post about the perp who pointed a toy gun at the cops and got ended for his trouble?
Why do you think that would not happen did you not see the part HIGH-POWERED?