Sell or rent out apartment

Splinter

Honorary Master
I asked a number of lawyers the costs involved.

But they're all wrong?
I'm wrong?
The previous poster was wrong ?

I just think that your friend should advertise as everyone else has the wrong figures

Where did I say you were wrong? I said you had a contested case. Why did you ask a number of lawyers the costs involved for your one case? What did they say, by the way?

Dolby

Honorary Master
Where did I say you were wrong? I said you had a contested case. Why did you ask a number of lawyers the costs involved for your one case? What did they say, by the way?
I asked because in December 2020, we were sitting at R45,000 .... and I thought an average was R20,000. They said R45,000.00 was on the higher side - but very possible.

I understand that mine was contested and I'm not saying you're wrong either. But under R20,000 (even non-contested) is quite cheap from I understand based on mine and other experiences. The very first letter sent was R2,000.00 and there other costs. Then take into account the time lines.

I understand I only have that one experience - but it's one more than you, and it's an experience and not hearsay :)

Splinter

Honorary Master
I asked because in December 2020, we were sitting at R45,000 .... and I thought an average was R20,000. They said R45,000.00 was on the higher side - but very possible.

I understand that mine was contested and I'm not saying you're wrong either. But under R20,000 (even non-contested) is quite cheap from I understand based on mine and other experiences. The very first letter sent was R2,000.00 and there other costs. Then take into account the time lines.

I understand I only have that one experience - but it's one more than you, and it's an experience and not hearsay :)

Yes, but I spoke to a friend who does this for a living. I also refer you to me dear friends post #58

"Fees range from R6 000 to R25 000 for an unopposed eviction, and up to R100 000 depending on the court, the province in which it is launched and whether or not it is opposed,"

Maybe you are also doubling up on things - the first letter you mention being trying to get rid of her without going the formal eviction route?

Dolby

Honorary Master
Yes, but I spoke to a friend who does this for a living. I also refer you to me dear friends post #58

"Fees range from R6 000 to R25 000 for an unopposed eviction, and up to R100 000 depending on the court, the province in which it is launched and whether or not it is opposed,"

Maybe you are also doubling up on things - the first letter you mention being trying to get rid of her without going the formal eviction route?

Yea perhaps I don't know what |I'm talking about and your friend/website are the best indicators *shrug*