Senekal Murder trial (Brendin Horner)

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
I hope they die a terrible death

Here is the thing about this, the cops may not have been involved in his murder, but they may have been involved in the circumstances which led up to his murder. The community grievance was that cops are involved in the activities, come court day and things exploded. Connected cops, in this, may also mean the investigation into the murder was corrupted. Who knows, who may have murdered Horner on that day...

I am glad the Hawks are looking into this, a year late, since they didn't consider the community report a year earlier. May they solve these ills.

Sollie

Honorary Master
I don't know which Brendin Horner thread to post news in any more, as the main one is locked and others are no-starters... but here is a development. Guess who the Hawks have arrested related to the case...

5 Cops.
Since that is a paywall

TheChamp

Honorary Master
5 police arrested by Hawks for the murder of Brendin Horner.
The five were arrested while investigating the scene of a burglary.
The police had committed the burglary.
Unbelievable....
Source? I know it's frowned upon to ask for that in such threads but it's the standard and it should be upheld.

Last edited:

Thugscub

Expert Member
Heard it from the people who own the business that got burgled.
2 cops from Ladybrand.
Nobody knows where the other 3 are from.
They shut up very quickly when the Hawks arrived.
Interestingly its been very quiet around here regarding murders and stealing.
Just one incident last week, Ace's farm he bought for R30 million was burnt down.
Cattle thieves set it on fire.

Last edited:

ponder

Honorary Master
Source? I know it's frowned upon to ask for that in such threads but it's the standard and it should be withheld.

Look two posts up? Edit: the post you replied to is not accurate though.

Last edited:

TheChamp

Honorary Master
Look up two posts?

Where does it say they were arrested for the murder of Brendin Horner?

Thugscub

Expert Member
Ok whatever unknots your knickers.
There is absolutely no cattle theft tied into the murder of Brendin.
Nobody was murdered.
Absolutely no police involved in the theft or burglary of a business.
Police never investigated the burglary.
All just a figment of my imagination.
Ace's farm never burnt down.
I dont know any of these people involved personally.
So with your total trust of the press, rather believe them.

Last edited:

Thugscub

Expert Member
By the way Ace's farm was burnt to **** if you want pictures I'll post them.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
So they were indirectly involved then?

To quote the one article,

Hawks spokesperson, Christopher Singo, tells OFM News that they are in court at present but can only proceed once the prosecutor arrives. Singo adds that the arrests of these seven suspects, aged between 28 and 50, followed the murder of Brendin Horner in October 2020.

“The stock brokers will face additional charges of the possession of unlicensed firearms,” Singo says. The arrests root from the allegations by the community members that there might have been policemen involved in stock theft crimes after the Brendin Horner murder case, tells Singo.

so, anyone connected to a syndicate ring may cough up the circumstances which led to Horner's death, and possibly individuals who may have been related to his murder, but what can be assumed is that Horner's investigation up to this point cannot be trusted, say these suspects are employed within this police precinct.

It is impossible to say whether these suspects are connected at this time, in any way, but the investigation by the Hawks may give closure to this case.

Just remember, the Hawks didn't look into the report as it was shelved, come Horner's death and the memorandum at the Court house which led to Senekal part 1 where noise about this was made, and now progress is being made.

All this has been discussed in the original thread, which is locked.

RonSwanson

Executive Member
No, that would be pure speculation at this time until evidence is presented proving otherwise.
From the article:
Farmworker Brendin Horner (22) was killed on 2 October 2020 near Paul Roux in the Free State in a crime believed to be linked to livestock theft syndicates and police corruption.
Sounds like indirect involvement to me. It would be speculation to say that there was direct involvement, at this stage in any case