Series [Please do NOT post any spoilers] - Episode IV

BLIXEMPIE

Honorary Master
Fargo season 4 is officially a go, with Chris Rock to lead.

In 1950, at the end of two great American migrations — that of Southern Europeans from countries like Italy, who came to the US at the turn of the last century and settled in northern cities like New York, Chicago — and African Americans who left the south in great numbers to escape Jim Crow and moved to those same cities — you saw a collision of outsiders, all fighting for a piece of the American dream. In Kansas City, Missouri, two criminal syndicates have struck an uneasy peace. One Italian, one African American. Together they control an alternate economy – that of exploitation, graft, and drugs. This too is the history of America. To cement their peace, the heads of both families have traded their eldest sons.

Chris Rock plays the head of one family, a man who — in order to prosper — has surrendered his oldest boy to his enemy, and who must, in turn, raise his son’s enemy as his own. It’s an uneasy peace, but profitable. And then the head of the Kansas City mafia goes into the hospital for routine surgery and dies. And everything changes. It’s a story of immigration and assimilation and the things we do for money. And as always, a story of basically decent people who are probably in over their heads. You know, Fargo.
http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/963055-fargo-renewed-for-season-4-with-chris-rock-leading

saor

Honorary Master
Fargo season 4 is officially a go, with Chris Rock to lead.
Has Chris Rock done anything recently?
Either way - they obviously know what they're doing and I can't wait for another season of Fargo, even tho I didn't really enjoy the last one that much (didn't even finish it).

sand_man

Honorary Master
I started watching Jessica Jones - quite enjoying it. This led me to start watching Luke Cage as well. I've got up to episode 5 of Luke Cage, but cannot handle the number of plot-idiosyncrasies anymore, so going back to Jessica Jones.
Found season 1 quite intriguing but it's going downhill fast for me...

Yeh, it's no big bang theory
3 episodes in now (Handmaid's Tale) and I'm finding it excruciating viewing! Mind-blowingly brilliant production but so incredibly tragic and sad on just about every level!

cerebus

Honorary Master
3 episodes in now (Handmaid's Tale) and I'm finding it excruciating viewing! Mind-blowingly brilliant production but so incredibly tragic and sad on just about every level!
The tone doesn't really change at any point in the series so far. But the production and acting quality kept us hooked. Although season 2's ending lost me.

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
The tone doesn't really change at any point in the series so far. But the production and acting quality kept us hooked. Although season 2's ending lost me.
For me S02's ending made complete sense. She absolutely had no choice....

All in all this series is an emotional grind, but it is brilliant.

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
Started watching Yellowstone, after being lured in be scenic trailers and the Kevin Costner cowboy angle.

Stopped watching Yellowstone after realizing that it is a load of crap.

sand_man

Honorary Master
For me S02's ending made complete sense. She absolutely had no choice....

All in all this series is an emotional grind, but it is brilliant.
Yeah, the quality of the show is simply tremendous! The tension is palpable and it doesn't let up, well, so far anyway! Glad there's a 3rd season. Hopefully there is light somewhere along the line.

While I was watching I couldn't help but think that while in a modern western society this scenario would be both shocking and deplorable, in middle eastern cultures this sort of chauvinistic, fascist, totalitarian regime and society is the norm. Or am I over reaching?

Readsalot

Expert Member
While I was watching I couldn't help but think that while in a modern western society this scenario would be both shocking and deplorable...
You obviously haven't been following the political scene or current affairs in the USA.

Dan C

Honorary Master
+lots and lots

One of the best comedies ever made.
Not really. Stop being influenced by the fake laughter soundtracks.

Imagine watching a horror movie with fake screaming in the background.... oh wait maybe they have done that already.

Last edited:

sand_man

Honorary Master
Not really. Stop being influenced by the fake laughter soundtracks.

Imagine watching a horror movie with fake screaming in the background.... oh wait maybe they have done that already.
Imagine watching a horror movie without the eerie music in the background...? That would probably be the equivalent to fake laughter soundtracks...

Lucas Buck

Expert Member
Imagine watching a horror movie without the eerie music in the background...? That would probably be the equivalent to fake laughter soundtracks...
DanCs analogy is more apt.
I dislike the fact that they still use canned laughter in comedies it should be a thing of the past. I find something funny then I will laugh, I don't need to be prompted to laugh on command. The audience doesn't need to laugh every 3 minutes for a show to be funny.

Last edited: