Series [Please do NOT post any spoilers] - Episode IV

Spizz

Goat Botherer
Did anyone watch Swamp Thing? Reviews look excellent but I see it’s been cancelled and was wondering if it wraps up nicely?

Spizz

Goat Botherer
Did anyone watch Swamp Thing? Reviews look excellent but I see it’s been cancelled and was wondering if it wraps up nicely?
So I watched the first episode and it was pretty good. Halfway through the second episode though...

(spolier'ish but not really)

and you realise the first episode is kind of like Peter Parker getting bitten by a spider. Basically, if you like super hero stuff this will be right up your alley, it's really well done. But I'm afraid it's not for me so I'm not going any further.

COMPUTEK

Executive Member
So I watched the first episode and it was pretty good. Halfway through the second episode though...

(spolier'ish but not really)

and you realise the first episode is kind of like Peter Parker getting bitten by a spider. Basically, if you like super hero stuff this will be right up your alley, it's really well done. But I'm afraid it's not for me so I'm not going any further.
Im a sucker for Super-hero stuff, but this crap will NOT see the inside of my HDD :oops:

Dan C

Honorary Master
Watched Why women kill... And yes it's pretty much devious maids / desperate housewives. :p

cerebus

Honorary Master
Are we actually going to see a good, or maybe even great, SciFi series on TV ?!?!?! For the first time in decades?!?!

I'm in !!
Yeah!! And it's got Gus Fring! Don't need to see more, I'm in.

Also I see The Dark Crystal is getting very strong reviews.

saor

Honorary Master
Are we actually going to see a good, or maybe even great, SciFi series on TV ?!?!?! For the first time in decades?!?!

I'm in !!
I hope so. I haven't cared much for any of the recent Star Wars stuff, but this looks damn cool as its own thing and I'm craving some scifi.

R13...

Honorary Master
Disney? I somehow doubt it.
Visuals look good but yeah Disney and their child actor habits can ruin things sometimes. Hope this is different. Their streaming service really will have a lot of content.

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
Disney? I somehow doubt it.

Visuals look good but yeah Disney and their child actor habits can ruin things sometimes. Hope this is different. Their streaming service really will have a lot of content.
It's only Disney 'cos they bought Lucasfilm in 2012. This series looks like it could be quite dark. I don't see any child actors in that cast...

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
Also I see The Dark Crystal is getting very strong reviews.
Not a fan of this Jim Henson animation/puppetry or whatever you call it.

Looks like 80's Gremlins...very off putting, which detracts from the story line for me.